[Android] VGBAnext 6.4.3 Released

fms

Jan 13, 2021, 1:47:53 PM1/13/21
to EMUL8
Hello, All!

I have released VGBAnext 6.4.3, a new version of my universal GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, NES, and Famicom emulator for Android:

This release adds support for NES mappers #30 and #111, used by a lot of newer homebrewn cartridges. I have also fixed compatibility with Android 4.2, adding home screen shortcuts, opening files from other apps, and a few possible crash sources. Finally, rounded corners on legacy icons, for a better look.

As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning VGBAnext from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file to your Downloads folder:

ALL CHANGES:
* Added NES mapper #30 for homebrewn 512kB/256kB UNROM boards.
* Added NES mapper #111 for homebrewn Cheapocabra GTROM boards.
* Fixed compatibility with Android 4.2/4.3.
* Fixed opening files from File Managers and other apps.
* Fixed adding home screen shortcuts on newer devices.
* Fixed several more possible crash sources.
* Fixed leaked dialog window on app exit.
* Added rounded corners to legacy icons.

Have fun!

PS: fMSX Deluxe, my MSX home computer emulator for Android, is on $2.99 sale this week:

christian zamaripa

Jan 16, 2021, 11:38:27 AM1/16/21
to EMUL8

Hi
I found that vgbanext does not work properly with all frontends. Now both Dig and Arc browser will load the emulator but only Arc will load the selected rom. Dig just starts Vgbanext with no rom loaded. Now it is of note that arc uses the action to call the emulator, while Dig uses the activity

fms

Jan 16, 2021, 11:40:46 AM1/16/21
to EMUL8
On Saturday, January 16, 2021 at 11:38:27 AM UTC-5 christian zamaripa wrote:
I found that vgbanext does not work properly with all frontends. Now both Dig and Arc browser will load the emulator but only Arc will load the selected rom. Dig just starts Vgbanext with no rom loaded. Now it is of note that arc uses the action to call the emulator, while Dig uses the activity
Well, since I do not know what Dig and Arc are, I have to assume that they are some apps developed by other people, not myself. I have not written these apps, do not have access to their source code, and do not feel responsible for fixing them. Sorry.

Frank M

Jan 16, 2021, 11:50:39 AM1/16/21
to em...@googlegroups.com
Can you at least fix the issue for FreeiNES and MasterGear in which the file directory is inaccessible to browse for ROMs on Android 10 using the Chromecast with Google TV.

fms

Jan 16, 2021, 11:52:24 AM1/16/21
to EMUL8
On Saturday, January 16, 2021 at 11:50:39 AM UTC-5 Frank M wrote:
Can you at least fix the issue for FreeiNES and MasterGear in which the file directory is inaccessible to browse for ROMs on Android 10 using the Chromecast with Google TV.
Working on this. Can't recreate it here, since all my Google TV devices are Android 9, but still trying to find where things go wrong.

Rj Lee

Jan 20, 2021, 12:25:48 PM1/20/21
to EMUL8
Possible to have cheats settings appear in landscape mode?
How to add cheats to the database for other people to use?

fms

Jan 20, 2021, 12:26:53 PM1/20/21
to EMUL8
On Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 12:25:48 PM UTC-5 Rj Lee wrote:
Possible to have cheats settings appear in landscape mode?
Cheats already appear in landscape mode. If you do not see a menu option, look for the smiley face icon in the action bar.

How to add cheats to the database for other people to use?
Send them to me.