Will VGBANext .sav and .sta files run on other Emulators?

Matthew Hirst

May 15, 2023, 10:39:23 AM5/15/23
to EMUL8
A game I am playing on VGBANext, gets stuck everytime in the same area of a level and the screen goes black and nothing can be done but reset the emulator/game.

I am wondering if the .sav and or .sta files from the emulator can be run in a different emulator so that I can progress past the glitch, save game then import that save back into VGBANext to complete the game.

I can provide further information if needed.

Thnak you for your time.

Matt

fms

May 15, 2023, 10:40:05 AM5/15/23
to EMUL8
On Monday, May 15, 2023 at 10:39:23 AM UTC-4 Matthew Hirst wrote:

I am wondering if the .sav and or .sta files from the emulator can be run in a different emulator so that I can progress past the glitch, save game then import that save back into VGBANext to complete the game.

.SAV files can be loaded into other emulators, but .STA files cannot.

Matthew Hirst

May 15, 2023, 12:07:32 PM5/15/23
to EMUL8
Thank you for your quick responce, I uploaded the .sav file to Dropbox from the VGBANext App and downloaded it onto my computer, I tried the .sav with multiple emulators but the game I ran in every emulator only ever had an option for "New Game" and not "Continue".

Would you happen to know, what the issue could be?

fms

May 15, 2023, 12:08:41 PM5/15/23
to EMUL8
On Monday, May 15, 2023 at 12:07:32 PM UTC-4 Matthew Hirst wrote:
Thank you for your quick responce, I uploaded the .sav file to Dropbox from the VGBANext App and downloaded it onto my computer, I tried the .sav with multiple emulators but the game I ran in every emulator only ever had an option for "New Game" and not "Continue".

Would you happen to know, what the issue could be?
Sorry, but I do not know. It is possible that you have never actually saved using in-game save menu.

Matthew Hirst

May 15, 2023, 1:06:34 PM5/15/23
to EMUL8
That is the way I save the game, through VGBANext I always load through continue and if I die a continue is still available after the game cover screen, I wonder if the .sav file is somehow corrupt or it may be the game rom.