Android Speccy - how to use a game's original save feature

Michael T

Dec 15, 2023, 3:48:18 PM12/15/23
to EMUL8
Hi, I have a bit of a difficult situation - I'm playing an updated version of the space-trader game Elite for the 128k (Elite Legend) and have got many, many hours in the game, saving my progress using the freeze screen. A new version of the game will be coming out that cures a few bugs and I'd like to transfer my progress. The game has the ability to record a savefile to tape, so I've been trying to figure out if this is possible in Speccy Deluxe - without success. Would it be possible to use the tape browser to add a save file at the end of the game .tap image, or use the music recorder to save the noise (and somehow get that played back to the game to load the file) or is this an impossible task?

Steve McGarry (Transurfer)

Jan 19, 2024, 12:14:10 PMJan 19
to EMUL8
It's a little bit of a fiddle, but I would do it on ZX Spin or Spectaculator saving to cassette, then
 pull the snapshot back into the emulator.