[Android] ColEm 5.6 Released

fms

Mar 21, 2021, 11:41:02 PM3/21/21
to EMUL8
Hello, All!

I've just published ColEm 5.6 for Android, a new version of my ColecoVision and Coleco Adam emulator:

This release is based on the ColEm 5.6 sources, released earlier this month. It will automatically switch between ColecoVision and Adam modes depending on the ROM being loaded. I have also improved File Selector scrolling performance on newer Android devices, by not checking for all auxiliary files.

As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning ColEm from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file to your Downloads folder:

ALL CHANGES:
* Based on the latest ColEm 5.6 sources.
* Now switching between ColecoVision and Adam modes when loading ROMs.
* Disabled querying content providers for auxiliary files to improve performance.
* Scrolling in File Selector has become much more responsive.

PS: VGBA, my universal GBA, GBC, GB, NES, and Famicom emulator, is on $2.99 sale at Google Play this week:

Enjoy!