fMSX Android Bluetooth controller mapping

Michael T

Dec 7, 2021, 9:18:37 AM12/7/21
to EMUL8
Hello - I’ve recently purchased fMSX Deluxe so I can play the original MSX Metal Gear games on my Android tablet using an 8bitdo SN30 Pro controller.
By default, the dpad and both thumbsticks act as a joystick, B button as fire, A button for selecting things, and Start or Y button to bring up the on-screen keyboard. I’ve tried to map keyboard keys to the joypad - eg. f4 mapped to the Select button - but this has no effect in the game.
I can bring up the on-screen keyboard and choose f4 (for example) with my dpad/thumbstick and activate it with the A button. However, setting f4 to one of the unused controller buttons doesn’t work.
I don’t know whether I’m missing something simple or if I’m doing something wrong, but any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

fms

Dec 22, 2021, 12:06:05 PM12/22/21
to EMUL8
This has been fixed in fMSX-Android 6.0.2, released today. Please,  update and give it a try!