How to get more information from or diagnose "table index out of bounds" RuntimeError's

Michael Hagar

Nov 21, 2023, 12:17:30 PM11/21/23
to emscripten-discuss
Our Emscripten app (app.zoom.us/wc) sometimes throws RuntimeError's with messages such as "table index out of bounds", "memory access out of bounds", and "null function or function signature mismatch". The file and line numbers of the error aren't useful unfortunately.

What would be a good Emscripten setting to allow us to get more information about these errors, such as where they occur in the C++ code? I have read https://emscripten.org/docs/porting/Debugging.html#debugging, but am still not sure what would be the best combination of debug mode, ASSERTIONS, STACK_OVERFLOW_CHECK, DWARF, source maps, and sanitizers.

Ideally, we would have more insight on our production code when assertions have failed, more information about the stack trace, while having minimal to no impact on the performance and memory consumption of the app.

Michael Hagar

Mar 19, 2024, 5:42:29 PMMar 19
to emscripten-discuss
Just in case anyone else has this same question, the answer for me looks like it's the EXCEPTION_STACK_TRACES setting I want: https://emsettings.surma.technology/#EXCEPTION_STACK_TRACES