Off-screen canvas rendering

Andrea M

Jul 2, 2024, 9:38:40 AM (19 hours ago) Jul 2
to emscripten-discuss
Hi,

This is uncharted territory for me so once again apologies if I am asking dull questions.

Is it possible for emscripten to handle 2 canvas elements? One would be used to render the GUI the other one for off-screen rendering of textures/images.

When I look at the Module singleton I get the impression is that there is meant to be at most one canvas element, i.e. `Module['canvas']`.

This is part of me trying to port Maplibre Native to emscripten, whereby the map would be incorporated into my Dear Imgui based GUI - however Maplibre does do async 'headless' rendering of the tiles beforehand.

I hope I have provided enough information, let me know if not.

Thank you!

Andrea