Error in a tutorial

Eduard Mironenko

Aug 17, 2021, 7:27:13 PM8/17/21
to emscripten-discuss
Hi,

I am quite a new person to emscripten and just wanted to know if it is possible to check out the following error. So I follow the tutorial listed here: https://emscripten.org/docs/getting_started/downloads.html
But still manage to get an error as is shown. It seems that I need to install either Ninja Framework or I need to install MinGW-32:

Image Snippet  (  ).PNG

So those are probably errors for a different forum then but still if you happen to have a quick fix that would be very useful to know. If you happen to have any information then please feel free to contact me on my email address that is edouard....@gmail.com or call me on my phone number that is 07735656777 and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Edd

Floh

Aug 18, 2021, 5:14:49 AM8/18/21
to emscripten-discuss
Hmm, looking at that path .../opencv, it looks to me like the error isn't Emscripten tutorial related, but caused by the OpenCV build scripts. Easiest solution should be to install Ninja through Scoop:

First install scoop as described at the end of this page:

Then run 'scoop install ninja' and test if ninja is in the path:

ninja --version
1.10.2

...any other method to install Ninja works too of course, see https://ninja-build.org/