ONC Annual Meeting and EMS Data Summit 2.0 December 14-15, 2023

Joshua Legler

Sep 28, 2023, 1:06:50 PM9/28/23
to ems-tas...@googlegroups.com

EMS Interoperability Task Force,

The annual meeting of the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) is December 14–15, 2023, in Washington, DC. The meeting is free to attend. You can view the agenda and register to attend at oncannualmeeting.com.

On December 15 from noon to 3:30 pm ET, ONC and the Federal Interagency Committee on Emergency Medical Services (FICEMS) are co-hosting an EMS Data Summit 2.0 as a special track at the Annual Meeting.

This Summit will pick up with lessons learned from the 2020 EMS Data Summit and focus on improving the integration of standardized emergency medical services (EMS) data with hospital electronic medical records (EMRs) and health information exchanges (HIEs).  Topics will include daily exchange of clinical data, advanced data standards, improved coordination with emerging community health delivery models, sharing of EMS data across the healthcare ecosystem, and access to pertinent medical data during disasters.

We’ve tackled a lot of technical topics in the EMS Interoperability Task Force. The EMS Data Summit will be an opportunity to engage with federal policymakers on the changes we’ve identified that need to be made to advance EMS interoperability.

The EMS Data Summit will be available both in person and online, and it’s free of charge. I encourage you to register for the summit here:

https://umarket.utah.edu/um2/nemsis

Thanks,

Josh

--