EMS Interoperability Workshop at the NEMSIS Annual Meeting

Joshua Legler

Aug 31, 2023, 12:11:49 PM8/31/23
to ems-tas...@googlegroups.com

EMS Interoperability Task Force,

Thanks to many of you who participated in the EMS Interoperability Workshop last week in conjunction with the NEMSIS Annual Meeting! We have posted the slides from Amit’s and my presentations in the Github repo here:

https://github.com/IHE/EMS/raw/main/presentations/EMS%20Interoperability%20Workshop%202023.pptx

I also presented an interoperability update in the general session of the annual meeting, which you can catch here:

https://youtu.be/day3k8_xMhg?si=ot2IlOwiVzQO_zXC&t=9465

We look forward to having multiple EMS software vendors participate in the next IHE Connectathon and the HIMSS24 Interoperability Showcase. We’re also very interested in continuing to support efforts you’re making to identify interoperability “quick wins”, such as making sure that outcomes received by EMS software systems are incorporated into NEMSIS XML exports and submitted to states and the national EMS database. I’m available to help you get any data you need from the national EMS database that would help you with troubleshooting.

As a heads-up, in the next task force call on September 14, we’ll focus on the step in the EMS interoperability workflow where EMS gets hospital outcome data. We’ll identify the standards and profiles to be used in that step, along with any barriers/hurdles. If you have some specific information or experience that would be helpful to the task force, please let me know, and I can have you take some time on the agenda.

Thanks,

Josh

--

Joshua Legler