Public Comment Requested: EMS Education Agenda 2050

Joshua Legler

Feb 27, 2024, 2:57:23 PMFeb 27
to ems-tas...@googlegroups.com

EMS Interoperability Task Force,

At the EMS interoperability workshop during the NEMSIS Annual Meeting last August, a discussion came up about the importance of teaching patient care documentation skills in EMS provider education. It’s outside the scope of our task force (we’re focused on the technical resources for software systems to interoperate), but it’s an important topic.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is seeking public comment regarding the upcoming revision of the 2000 EMS Education Agenda for the Future: A Systems Approach. This new effort will apply the concepts of the EMS Agenda 2050 to EMS education. The output of this community effort will be EMS Education Agenda 2050, setting the path for the development of “EMS clinicians of the future” as identified in the EMS Agenda 2050.

NHTSA is seeking public comment to guide the development of the EMS Education Agenda 2050. This is a great opportunity to submit comments highlighting the need to train EMS providers on effective documentation. You can submit comments here:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2023/11/20/2023-25551/emergency-medical-services-education-agenda-2050-request-for-information

The comment period is open through March 31, 2024.

Thanks,

Josh

--

Joshua Legler