EMS Input Needed for May 9 EMS Interoperability Task Force Call

Joshua Legler

Apr 18, 2024, 12:01:14 PMApr 18
to ems-tas...@googlegroups.com

EMS Interoperability Task Force,

Thanks for all your help on the April task force call to identify the information that’s important for hospitals to get from EMS on their patients. The May 9 task force call will be similar, except this time we will be discussing the information that’s important for EMS to get at the beginning of a patient encounter. As with the April call, we will focus less on the mechanisms of how EMS gets the information, and more on what information EMS needs.

Prior to the May call, I would like to compile a list of information that’s important for EMS to get when treating a patient. This information likely includes relevant diagnoses and procedures, currently prescribed medications, allergies, and advance directives, such as DNR or POLST. Please share your list with me by responding to this email, and I will collate everyone’s lists for discussion on the call in May.

Thanks,

Josh

--

Joshua Legler