EMS Interoperability Task Force February 8, 11a-12:30p MT

Joshua Legler

Jan 31, 2024, 3:23:06 PMJan 31
to ems-tas...@googlegroups.com

EMS Interoperability Task Force,

We’re just over a week away from the February call:

Thursday, February 8, 11a-12:30p Mountain Time

https://utah-health.zoom.us/j/8085088855

This call will focus on the step of the interoperability workflow where EMS gets outcome data after the end of the patient encounter:

  • ONC staff will give an update on the draft version 2 of TEFCA, which proposes to introduce a requirement for network participants to respond to “healthcare operations” queries, which would provide outcome data to EMS.
  • We’ll discuss the specific clinical and other pieces of hospital outcome information needed by EMS and identify where that information can be found in existing data standards. If you have information on this topic, please bring it and contribute during the call. We’ll have some people from EMS agencies who have shared their lists of helpful outcome information with us.

We had a great task force call in January focused on the standards and profiles that need to be implemented to do patient identification. If you missed it, you can find the recording at https://youtu.be/wITJzBtC8ZM .

Thanks,

Josh

--

Joshua Legler