EMS Interoperability Task Force June 13, 11a-12:30p MT

Joshua Legler

Jun 6, 2024, 1:39:42 PMJun 6
to ems-tas...@googlegroups.com

EMS Interoperability Task Force,

Our final monthly call is next week:

Thursday, June 13, 11a-12:30p Mountain Time

https://utah-health.zoom.us/j/8085088855

We have some important topics to cover in this call:

  1. EMS outcome queries in TEFCA: We’ll be joined by David Pyke, primary author of the TEFCA QHIN Technical Framework, to discuss the path forward to ensure that EMS can get hospital outcome data via TEFCA.
  2. Challenges in incorporating outcome data into NEMSIS exports: We’ll discuss this wiki page and get your feedback on the documented challenges and proposed guidance for addressing them. The goal is to ensure that when an EMS agency is getting hospital outcome data, it makes its way to the national EMS database.
  3. NEMSIS Changes for Interoperability: I’ll illustrate a few changes we probably need to make to the eOutcome section in a future version of NEMSIS, and we can discuss how to develop the change proposals.
  4. Data Transformations and Sample Documents: I’ll fill you in on the resources that will be developed and published this summer for transforming data between HL7 and NEMSIS.

I anticipate this will be an impactful call that will help set our path forward for the next couple of years.

Thank you all for your contributions to the EMS Interoperability Task Force over the past year-plus! As we wrap up the monthly calls, in which you’ve provided valuable input to help chart the path forward for EMS interoperability, our work on developing interoperability resources will accelerate. We’ll keep this Google Group in place so we can keep each other informed on the work that will be happening. I look forward to seeing you next Thursday!

Thanks,

Josh

--

Joshua Legler

971-264-4702

jo...@joshualegler.com

linkedin.com/in/joshualegler

Joshua Legler

Jun 12, 2024, 1:52:29 PMJun 12
to ems-tas...@googlegroups.com

EMS Interoperability Task Force,

This is a reminder of our final monthly call happening tomorrow, where we’ll cover EMS outcome queries in TEFCA, incorporating outcome data into NEMSIS exports, future changes to the NEMSIS standard to improve interoperability, and what resources to expect in the near future.

Thursday, June 13, 11a-12:30p Mountain Time

https://utah-health.zoom.us/j/8085088855

I look forward to meeting with you tomorrow!