Mulitple publishers to same topic

Guru Alex

Feb 18, 2021, 1:38:58 AMFeb 18
to emqtt

Hello,

We have configured two publishers that publish messages to the same topic. While the messages get through to the subscribers, I see the following error message in the application logs:

ERROR 1 --- [: msg-manager] o.s.i.m.outbound.MqttPahoMessageHandler : Lost connection; will attempt reconnect on next request

The EMQX logs has the following:
[error] <<"Pub1">>@172.21.19.100:55027 [Channel] Unexpected sock_closed: einval

The reconnection keeps happening in a loop. So can someone please help with the following questions:
1. Is it possible to have multiple publishers publish to the same topic ?
2. If yes, is there any configuration change needed ?

Regards,
Guru

imsbha...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2021, 8:54:08 AMFeb 18
to emqtt
Hi Guru,

The two publishers, publishing on the same topic should have different clientIds.
Can you check the Client Identifier (ClientId) you are using in the MQTT CONNECT ?

Thanks,
Saurabh

Guru Alagwadi

Mar 2, 2021, 10:39:40 AMMar 2
to emqtt
Hi Saurabh,

Yes, that was the issue. The developer (java) had left the ClientID field blank assuming that it will generate a unique string as ClientID. For some reason, it did not. Now we set the ClientID to some unique strings and the error disappeared.

Thanks a lot for the help

Regards,
Guru