Not working for Junk Folder

outaspace

Jun 9, 2010, 11:24:10 AM6/9/10
to Empty 'em Support
[Empty 'em] Prefs
override_delete_confirm = false
select_trash_delete = true
select_junk_delete = true

[Empty 'em] Junk folder probably not configured. Skipping it...

Fehler: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
code: 0x80004002 (NS_NOINTERFACE) [nsISupports.QueryInterface]"
nsresult: "0x80004002 (NS_NOINTERFACE)" location: "JS frame ::
chrome://emptyem/content/overlay.js :: anonymous :: line 242" data:
no]

After disabling "Include Junk Folders" it works fine for trash.

Mahesh Asolkar

Jun 9, 2010, 12:35:55 PM6/9/10
to Empty 'em Support
Thanks for pointing this out.

To get more information, could you please specify what kind of (POP3,
IMAP, Gmail etc.), and how many accounts you have configured. Have you
configured a Junk folder by mapping it in the 'Junk Setting' of your
account?

It will greatly help me debug this if you provide the above
information.

Thanks!

outaspace

Jun 9, 2010, 12:46:02 PM6/9/10
to Empty 'em Support
I have 3 POP3 accounts and gmail via IMAP. Before now I had Junk
folder only on 2 Accounts, i have configured them for all accounts,
and the message "[Empty 'em] Junk folder probably not configured.
Skipping it... " no longer appears. But the same error still occurs.
Each account has its own Junk Folder mapped. One of the POP3 accounts
is in "Local Folders", the others are seperate folders.

Mahesh Asolkar

Jun 9, 2010, 12:57:07 PM6/9/10
to Empty 'em Support
Some other users have mentioned, what looks like a similar problem. I
am trying to reproduce it, but to no avail. Thanks for your input on
the use of POP3 and Junk on Local Folders. I hope it takes me closer
to reproducing the problem.

I'll look into it and update this thread.

/Mahesh

Mahesh Asolkar

Jun 9, 2010, 8:36:01 PM6/9/10
to Empty 'em Support
Hi Outaspace,

I have made an attempt to fix the problem you were seeing. I could
reproduce the problem with a POP3 account. This fix worked in my case.
I did notice that cleaning of POP3 folders is significantly slower
than IMAP.

Could you try the following build and let me know if it works for you?

http://github.com/downloads/asolkar/emptyem/emptyem-7.0pre1.xpi

Thanks. I appreciate your help with this issue.

/Mahesh

Mahesh Asolkar

Jun 11, 2010, 1:43:52 PM6/11/10
to Empty 'em Support
With a little more in-house testing, I have uploaded this version to
addons.mozilla.org as version 0.7. Please use the AMO version instead
of the 7.0pre1 pointed out above.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/129690/

Thanks,
Mahesh.

outaspace

Jun 11, 2010, 2:36:52 PM6/11/10
to Empty 'em Support
The fix works for me too, it is indeed very slow. But there seems to
be a little problem with accounts that use Local Folders (see
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Global_Inbox) - it fails to empty the
folders in such accounts and keeps on saying
[Empty 'em] All trash not trashed yet. Waiting to declare done
every second in the error console - forever. After setting all
accounts to use seperate Inbox it finishes succesfully.

Mahesh Asolkar

Jun 15, 2010, 12:21:03 AM6/15/10
to Empty 'em Support
I have another preliminary build that hopefully addresses all POP3 and
Local Folder related issues:

http://github.com/downloads/asolkar/emptyem/emptyem-0.75pre2.xpi

Please let me know if it works as expected.

Thanks,
Mahesh.

outaspace

Jun 16, 2010, 6:27:06 AM6/16/10
to Empty 'em Support
This one is working very nice and fast, well done!

Mahesh Asolkar

Jun 16, 2010, 10:58:25 AM6/16/10
to Empty 'em Support
On Jun 16, 3:27 am, outaspace <ras.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This one is working very nice and fast, well done!

I am glad to hear that.

I have uploaded the 0.75 version to addons.mozilla.org listing.