T-Bird 6 Problem

Ed Bear

Aug 30, 2011, 12:50:55 PM8/30/11
to Empty 'em Support
I installed it, and it works beautifully, but *after* I've invoked it,
Thunderbird quits being able to delete messages and marking something
as junk doesn't move it to the junk folder, either.

Suggestions?

Mahesh Asolkar

Aug 30, 2011, 3:14:47 PM8/30/11
to empty-em...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ed, thanks for the report.

To understand this better, could you provide the following information:

* How many and what kind (IMAP/POP/Webmail) of accounts have you configured in Thunderbird?
* After invoking empty'em, does Thunderbird never delete/junk messages? Or is it only before the notification is generated? Sometimes, I have noticed that the notification is not generated for a long time after empty'em is invoked. I am not sure why that is.
* Do you see any error messages in the Error Console (Tools -> Error Console) when delete/junk action does not work?

Thanks,
Mahesh.

Ed Bear

Sep 1, 2011, 2:02:57 AM9/1/11
to Empty 'em Support
I reinstalled empty'em and it hasn't jammed up today.

I've got seven email accounts, all POP configured.

The symptoms I was observing amounted to: empty'em would seem to run
fine,
and then later, if I tried to delete a post I'd read, or mark one as
junk,
either one would be ignored unless and until I re-started T-Bird.

I've just updated to 6.0.1 and will report any further problems if
they hit.
I'll also check the error console if the problem recurs.

Thank you.

Ed Bear

Sep 1, 2011, 5:16:30 PM9/1/11
to Empty 'em Support
OK. I'm now seeing the problem, and any attempt to delete a message
gets me:

Error: An error occurred executing the cmd_delete command:
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005
(NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIMsgDBView.doCommand]" nsresult: "0x80004005
(NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://messenger/content/folderDisplay.js
:: FolderDisplayWidget_doCommand :: line 1766" data: no]
Source File: chrome://global/content/globalOverlay.js
Line: 100