Is this extension being worked on?

Grammatrain

Dec 18, 2010, 1:49:40 PM12/18/10
to Empty 'em Support
Just curious because I haven't seen any activity.

Mahesh Asolkar

Dec 18, 2010, 3:19:34 PM12/18/10
to empty-em...@googlegroups.com
Grammatrain, is there anything specific you are looking for?

The only thing on my mind at the moment is to release a new version of the extension that supports 3.3a* versions of Thunderbird (Shredder).

I understand that many users have reported issues on the add-on's comments page. I have tried to address most of the issues that I could reproduce. Some, I sadly couldn't - including one of yours, I believe.

I am curious to know if you are still running into the "redeclaration of var Cc" error, and which version of Thunderbird you are using.

Thanks for the interest,
Mahesh.

Grammatrain

Dec 19, 2010, 6:02:42 PM12/19/10
to Empty 'em Support
I upgraded to .76 and receive the error when executing emptyem.

Error: emptyem is not defined
Source file: chrome://messenger/content/messenger.xul
Line: 1

On startup I get:

Error: redeclaration of var Cc
Source file: chrome://emptyem/content/overlay.js
Line: 37

I'm running TB 3.1.7

Mahesh Asolkar

Dec 19, 2010, 7:58:41 PM12/19/10
to empty-em...@googlegroups.com
Let me look into this. Could you provide a list of extensions you are using along with Empty 'em? That should help me reproduce this error. Once reproduced, I think it should be easy to fix.

Thanks,
Mahesh.

Mahesh Asolkar

Dec 22, 2010, 11:19:16 AM12/22/10
to empty-em...@googlegroups.com
I could not reproduce the problem in my installation of Thunderbird. However, going by the error message, I tried to guard the Cc and Ci declaration so that redeclaration is avoided. I've uploaded a new version (0.77) to GitHub:

  https://github.com/downloads/asolkar/emptyem/emptyem-0.77.xpi

Grammatrain, could you try this out and see if it works any better?

Thanks again for your help/feedback.

/Mahesh

Grammatrain

Jan 1, 2011, 6:51:43 PM1/1/11
to Empty 'em Support
It works! But . . .

A word of caution. The first time I used it, it deleted my local
folders trash folder and I couldn't delete anything from my local
folders. I restarted TB and the trash folder reappeared and now
EmptyEm is working like it should in both junk and trash.

Thanks,

Grammatrain

Jan 1, 2011, 8:42:22 PM1/1/11
to Empty 'em Support
I have some more info on the local trash folder deletion. It has done
it multiple times, but I can't seem to narrow down when. At first I
thought EmptyEm was deleting the folder when it was empty, but it
hasn't happened all the time. This behavior isn't exhibited for the
local junk folder though.

Best Regards,