How to get started?

Victor M.

Mar 17, 2015, 1:33:28 PM3/17/15
to empir...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have cloned the repository and have no idea what to do now. From what I could see in other topics, it is required to build the jar files, but they seem to be related to ant instead of gradle.

Running gradlew script fails with a "Url to Stardog repository is not defined. Set up the property 'stardogRepo' in gradle.properties." error. I am planning to use Empire with Jena...

Also, I could not find any guide to set up whatever is needed to run the examples as well. Any ideas?

Best regards,
Victor M.

Victor M.

Mar 20, 2015, 8:55:21 AM3/20/15
to empir...@googlegroups.com
Is this project still alive?

Michael Grove

Mar 20, 2015, 9:09:12 AM3/20/15
to empir...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, we're in the middle of cutting the 1.0 release, which includes the addition of the bindings for Stardog.

Until then, you can use the revision 7c7af279b096548e4dd15df4ed1717338b9e509b, and build the project via `ant dist`.

If you want to run the examples, the easiest thing to do is create a project for Empire in your IDE of choice.

Cheers,

Mike

Best regards,
Victor M.

Victor M.

Mar 23, 2015, 12:19:25 PM3/23/15
to empir...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the reply. I have managed to build Empire successfully.

When trying to run the examples, the imports related to "javax.persistence" cannot be solved. Is there any built .jar file I need to include?

Best regards,
Victor M.

Michael Grove

Mar 23, 2015, 12:22:57 PM3/23/15
to empir...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Victor M. <dark...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for the reply. I have managed to build Empire successfully.

When trying to run the examples, the imports related to "javax.persistence" cannot be solved. Is there any built .jar file I need to include?

These are part of the J2EE framework, if you're running this via an IDE, make sure those jars are added to your classpath.

Victor M.

Mar 24, 2015, 7:28:08 AM3/24/15
to empir...@googlegroups.com
Finally made the example run. Thank you. :)