support of cyclic graphs

Arno van Wouwe

Oct 31, 2019, 9:55:09 AM10/31/19
to Empire
Hello,

I'm trying to map an ontology that is based on SKOS, and that has many mappings that consist of a Set containing other mapped entities. As a result, the ontology is cyclical.

Whenever I load one entity, this results in Empire querying the DB for all related entities, and the entities they have relations with, etc etc. In other words, the entire DB.

I guess this is a use-case that is not so strange, and it is supported by some sort of lazy loading. I have annotated the attributes in the following way:

    @OneToMany(fetch = FetchType.LAZY, cascade = [CascadeType.PERSIST, CascadeType.MERGE])
    @RdfProperty("skos:broader")
    Set<SKOSConcept> broader = HashSet<>()

 .. any idea what I am missing?