maven build

András Förhécz

Apr 10, 2015, 10:06:40 AM4/10/15
to empir...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, especially Mike,

I have succeeded to build Empire so I can use it in a maven project. It may help others, also I have some questions regarding the issues emerged.

As i could figure it out, you have been moving from an ant based build to gradle, which uses maven internally (never used gradle myself).
In this earlier topic you suggested using an older commit, '7c7af27' with 'ant dist'. Unfortunately that build system does not support maven properly. I couldn't find a way to generate dependency files for the used libraries.

According to the changelog, 0.9 have just been released. Compiling using gradle, I ran into the following issues:
- cp-common-utils:core:4.0 missing, can be found here, installed into local repo using "grandle install"
- cp-openrdf-utils:core:3.0.1 is here on github, but only 3.0 is available at the moment. I just incremented the version number.
- cp-openrdf-utils:core has a missing dependency "org.openrdf.sesame:sesame-rio:jar:2.7.14". This is not a jar package, just a pom, maybe that was fixed in 3.0.1?

Solved with an exclude in my project, so e.g. using the sesame binding my dependency looks like this:
<dependency>
<groupId>com.clarkparsia.empire</groupId>
<artifactId>core</artifactId>
<version>0.9.0</version>
<exclusions>
<exclusion>
<artifactId>sesame-rio</artifactId>
<groupId>org.openrdf.sesame</groupId>
</exclusion>
</exclusions>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.clarkparsia.empire</groupId>
<artifactId>sesame</artifactId>
<version>0.9.0</version>
</dependency>

- EmpireAnnotationProcessorFactory class uses 'com.sun.mirror.apt', but that was dropped in Java8. I had to remove it before building.
Is it true that I can just skip that class, as the whole facility would work without indexing annotations?

So far, it works! :)
Best regards,
  András Förhécz

Michael Grove

Apr 10, 2015, 10:09:49 AM4/10/15
to empir...@googlegroups.com

The HEAD revision of master should just work now, via `gradle jar`.  The libraries you note are all available at http://maven.stardog.com, which the build.gradle file is configured to pull from in addition to maven central.

[...]

Yes, it's fine to drop that.  The simple task it does can easily be done by hand.  It's one of the items on my list to resolve at some point when I get a bit more time.

Cheers,

Mike

So far, it works! :)
Best regards,