find operation on previously persisted class returns different data

Riccardo Santoro

Apr 26, 2016, 8:32:23 PM4/26/16
to Empire

First off: thanks a lot for an excellent framework!

I have created a VirtuosoRdfEmpireModule, VirtuosoRepositoryDataSourceFactory and VirtuosoRepositoryFactoryKeys that allow me to connect and work with an instance of open source Virtuoso 7.0 server using the virtjdbc4.jar and virt_sesame4.jar archives supplied with the Virtuoso distribution.  I am now successfully persisting and retrieving Empire-annotated POJOs as a virtuoso graph on the quad-store.

I am however encountering an obscure problem on using the Book example: when retrieving an instance right after a persist() the issued property of type Date is retrieved with a different date that the one stored in the graph. What that means is that when I execute a remove() operation on the POJO the triple with property http://purl.org/dc/terms/issued is not deleted from the graph.

I know a development branch is what is says on the tin: development. Perhaps this comment can help.
Regards.

Michael Grove

Apr 26, 2016, 8:40:27 PM4/26/16
to empir...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 10:16 AM, Riccardo Santoro <r.sa...@2thecloud.biz> wrote:

First off: thanks a lot for an excellent framework!

I have created a VirtuosoRdfEmpireModule, VirtuosoRepositoryDataSourceFactory and VirtuosoRepositoryFactoryKeys that allow me to connect and work with an instance of open source Virtuoso 7.0 server using the virtjdbc4.jar and virt_sesame4.jar archives supplied with the Virtuoso distribution.  I am now successfully persisting and retrieving Empire-annotated POJOs as a virtuoso graph on the quad-store.

I am however encountering an obscure problem on using the Book example: when retrieving an instance right after a persist() the issued property of type Date is retrieved with a different date that the one stored in the graph. What that means is that when I execute a remove() operation on the POJO the triple with property http://purl.org/dc/terms/issued is not deleted from the graph.

Does this only occur with your Virtuoso DataSource?

Cheers,

Mike

I know a development branch is what is says on the tin: development. Perhaps this comment can help.
Regards.

Riccardo Santoro

Apr 27, 2016, 3:22:33 AM4/27/16
to Empire
Mike, indeed  the problem only occurs when using the VirtuosoRepository in the virtuoso_sesame4.jar driver, quite independently from Empire.
I'll investigate the problem and if you wish I can post the outcome here.
Thanks a lot

Michael Grove

Apr 27, 2016, 6:08:55 AM4/27/16
to empir...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 3:22 AM, Riccardo Santoro <r.sa...@2thecloud.biz> wrote:
Mike, indeed  the problem only occurs when using the VirtuosoRepository in the virtuoso_sesame4.jar driver, quite independently from Empire.
I'll investigate the problem and if you wish I can post the outcome here.
Thanks a lot

Yep, I'm curious to know what the problem could be.

Cheers,

Mike