Empathy Movement News and Events.

Edwin Rutsch

Nov 29, 2022, 11:43:43 AM11/29/22
to empathy-circl...@googlegroups.com

Dear Empathy Movement Supporters.

I have repeatedly found the Empathy Circle as the best foundational practice for conflict resolution. If you know of a better process, let me know.  The basic Empathy Circle practice can already handle and resolve a high level of conflict. Other additional practices can be added on the foundation of the Empathy Circle to handle even more intense conflicts.  The effectiveness of the Empathy Circle is demonstrated by how our Empathy Tent Team used it at highly conflicted political demonstrations to bridge the divides between people on the political left and right.

This is demonstrated in this short video clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0fA8UqH7Qk

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/UOx8-7NqOEAzxtsOCrYbAx0cGOXBQ3MmN61d-aZbmBWXQrtfgpskHaYRJfWnrB2StlZ26PVEyiE4sakJV6Hp7Mv6IqlPsXWhrRs2LUywEXnhVJX0achIGED6IZuJujmhftSDmuADhgKLsjqm6-mvdRc8gQK1wU3b3EhMUhNyB5BuhGa95EPbKA=w1280https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/8WrnxOBQ79NvKeRlpIzpdIShgQ6wFBy_RaErtngone-3kBU89uJD2BiNVUAtHXD2gwfPG2shfvlKQg_1F9TL3V_71wiyg3EIxkn10LEtC6sMZIfbQt1M2lLNNx_lw9RR=w1280

Here is the next in a series of Empathy Cafes for individuals, bridge-building leaders, and peacemaking organizations seeking to heal a divided world through the power of mutual listening, mediation, empathy and dialogue.

We continue to have more bridging based organizations join this series as co-hosts! Invite your organization to co-host.

·          Center for Building a Culture of Empathy
The internet's largest resource on the value of empathy. Offers Empathy Circles and Empathy Training.

·          Conflict Transformation, Peacebuilding and Security (CoPeSe) .
A leading network on peacebuilding and conflict transformation, counting more than 60k members. Share and retrieve newest info on peacebuilding and conflict transformation.

·          Peace Alliance
Educate, advocate, and mobilize people into action to transform systems and public policy toward a culture of peace.

·          Listen First Project
A network of 500+ bridging organizations, leads the collaborative movement to heal America by bridging divides.

Empathy Café:  Share mediation/peacebuilding challenges you are working on.

Sat, Dec 17, 2022
We will need more facilitators for this event. Register and let us know if you can facilitate.

It is very helpful if you pass this on and invite friends to the LinkedIn and Facebook event.

·         Registration Form    https://bit.ly/3E0AKE0

·         LinkedIn Event        https://bit.ly/3FHf80R

·         Facebook Event      https://bit.ly/3i3ZT8j

·         Citizen Connect Event  https://bit.ly/3GMXycp

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/jeZaQ3AUqWSAyjBKnZ4Apm76lNoRd1OX09WuDeCCszrPKrZxYPVIzFF32QIxiH-7RTxFoiiRRR9jokLtPNJt9doKQo7fv9Y22sZ0-QIy29twrqHzrxQEQlyGfLKvT_sULOqfExZ-yQQCGRsNh55CaTt15RBQAZsLp1HHnJrOWrJEP9B7YoonCApkgASQngK4=w1280

Here is the report and videos from our last Saturdays November 19, 2022

Empathy Café: What is the Role of Empathy in Conflict Transformation & Peacebuilding?
See the full Report at:
https://bit.ly/EmpathyCafe11-09-2022

We had over 40 attendees for this Empathy Café.
Thanks to all the facilitators that helped facilitate breakout circles!

We cannot hold these cafes without your help.

 No alternative text description for this image

FEEDBACK

·        GREAT EXPERIENCE - GREAT SUBJECT - LOOKING FORWARD TO PART 2

·        I had a great experience joining the conversation today. Glad to be here

·        I enjoyed the interconnectedness across the globe and space to be listened to.

·        Wonderful experience and good insights for creating move loving and empathic interactions.

·        I really valued the experience and got a lot out of it. I hope to be able to practice, participate and engage more.

Weekly Empathy Cafes
https://empathycircle.com/schedule

===================

EVERY THURSDAY

Design Cultures of Empathy in Schools

===================
https://www.linkedin.com/events/7000839355523026944/

zoom address for the session is: https://lnkd.in/g7iUiTz

More Info: Bill Filler paddl...@yahoo.com

===================

EVERY FRIDAY - 10am PT/1pm ET
EMPATHY CAFE: INTRO TO EMPATHY TRAINING AND CIRCLES

===================

LOCATION: https://miaminetwork.org/empathy

More Info: La...@EcoDelMar.org

https://bit.ly/LinkedEMove

===================

EVERY SATURDAY - 10am PT/1pm ET
EMPATHY CAFE: INTRO TO EMPATHY TRAINING AND CIRCLES:

===================
https://bit.ly/LinkedEMove

More Info: Edwin...@gmail.com

LOCATION: https://zoom.us/j/9896109339

NEXT TRAINING  COHORT 12 .F Saturdays - Now Forming

§  Cohort Page: https://bit.ly/Cohort12F

§  12.F SignUp - https://bit.ly/SignUpCohort12F

I’m planning to add a 6th Session to the training as an introduction to using the Empathy Circles for conflict resolution and mediation.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/G6EHpiGS7E7ntx8VB96NKWZKWHkkvkDiQrBBRsaZYZnDVOW695O4GjX0D9j4cNotujCNLdyUeqgaFR3Q11-7VhUGCptGXtdpyXlRaOguxx3g2ABMY3hoxYVGV1_qL59aib4JlRNl_ru39l8SLSoObhGVOSd_XyqA_ARLa2sxjgzdNMxYtxIhNQ=w1280

Sessions Dates/Times

  (Times 10am PT/1pm ET)

§  Session 1: Saturday, January 21 - World Times: https://bit.ly/3RI6fGu

§  Session 2: Saturday, January 28 - World Times: https://bit.ly/3SWcp70

§  Session 3: Saturday, February 04 - World Times: https://bit.ly/3CD3e6h

§  Session 4: Saturday, February 11 - World Times: https://bit.ly/3CdhpgF

§  Session 5: Saturday, February 18 - World Times: https://bit.ly/3C8aHJ3

§  New Session 6: Saturday, February 25 – for conflict resolution.

Warmly,

Edwin

Edwin Rutsch

Director: Center for Building a Culture of Empathy:
Building the Empathy Movement
San Francisco Bay Area, California
http://CultureOfEmpathy.com

http://EmpathyCircle.com

http://EmpathyTent.com

http://BestEmpathyTraining.com

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/ewFhK8DvQOHodLBycnUYtNOA4RmKSENN7JjxmXk0-FzFXezMbLKjs0dO9IoxBTnH2MkN83xCIEkim6TDxmRV_mJlmEYr6gKdIBhj25wjbg6orRhla7OLfXTFUUyIq9A5Lw=w1280

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/1KZ-DmeDLlKcW5bGeR4kSMR6ALrIKSx_56sL44NFJi8PJtu3eYkaPVyEGQTNi7khEXm5iiYWVLXFaXh_Vg8x5g572qKJgJpQ_LbXwlG-w5_XTN5QSNYA33QQXnG-AW3p6lxF3eqgxdIwaVw8xewwV0ThWMRr-t86R_IrAL7kFjPw-NjZNBRqkA=w1280

image005.jpg
image010.jpg
image011.jpg
image013.jpg