Upcoming Empathy Center Events: Visit and Design the Santa Barbara Empathy Center

Edwin Rutsch

Apr 26, 2023, 12:15:13 PM4/26/23
to empathy-circl...@googlegroups.com

Here are some upcoming Empathy Center events. Join us in building the center and movement which is the foundation of creativity and innovation.

Empathy can be taught at school, and it can lead to creative thinking.
By Helen Demetriou, University of Cambridge
“Empathy and open-mindedness in the real world: all these form the vital ingredients for the creative process to thrive and for encouraging the designers of tomorrow."
Empathy can be taught at school, and it can lead to creative thinking
  http://cultureofempathy.com/References/Experts/Images-Experts/2021-02-16%20-%20Helen%20Demetriou%20v3.jpg

See the full Calendar of upcoming events and workshops

https://empathycircles.com/schedule

1. May 1 to 14, Visit and Develop the Santa Barbara Empathy Center with Me.

I’ll be at the center May 1 to 14. You are invited to come by and visit.  If you want to help out with developing up the space, we have some rooms you can stay in. Email me to talk about it. Edwin...@gmail.com
1964 Las Canoas Rd, Santa Barbara, CA 93105

https://www.canoascenter.com

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/QprIB3se0uzGUO3VKAJ4_k8nD4eip8ttwMMIiiIO1G8B3DJeNp23PfuhvttfqWGcqG03An2ue4Aq6YxcldebJi_4raXSms5SUhb0bT07UuAWSgB_XDqhbOUC0OLGtvwPjw=w1280

2.  Empathy Center Volunteers Visioning Empathy Circle - Every Friday
For those interested in volunteering on developing the Center.

Details: https://bit.ly/VolunteersVEC
Time: 10am PT/1pm ET/
Location: Zoom
https://zoom.us/j/9896109339

Visit the Empathy Center website

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/tD9JVcIt9OmTxK8QNP661KgUKruR0s87xoWzcTsQIXvI7RqBmAb5I9fbA2qqoQT1j7Qy6V_AS5sTyQo52l782UcaYBmo47eVs_x-Wlvmt-FJ9lRltCjw-6d6q9-HopCsBdg60LHTQajcm7Kof01gBDE

3. Mondays Santa Barbara Visioning Empathy Circles
Every few weeks with the Santa Barbara neighbors and community.
Details:
https://bit.ly/VisioningEC

See the list of past Circles

  https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/ZSr5WgA2MvBBLZOTL_XUaaDPDKzsG5vT-rrnSN_MahUjVBuvet2rCkbEuGhubDWmPBBqFjsEkt0ABqlPt3HeEZEngI7b2v9Y2HA6f5x6f2upZE8VneRag2EOZmeoFqHsmg=w1280https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/aYcgPX8XPgn_eddrGWgnbEm38yVmq_C1eJ1dTc-z4aVNY8KVdaceuuB7Dun3c1PLOBrjDTsVYdUILa-Hm07WRpLuiK_LvcjAcS_XDKO0VAVcBQQn-xVu685ETPuyQs5aIA=w1280

4. Drop-in Visioning Empathy Circles
Everyone Welcome
Time: 10am PT/1pm ET/
Location: Zoom
https://zoom.us/j/9896109339
LinkedIn Event Link: https://bit.ly/SatVisoningCircle
Facebook Event Link:  https://bit.ly/FBVisioningEC

https://media.licdn.com/dms/image/D561EAQEINayx4KKgZw/event-background-image-crop_720_1280/0/1678980001157?e=1682463600&v=beta&t=fzca7bdcGxTPkAm5hFDGkpnIrDxGmGCQivjQ_khv2cM

Why Take Part

1.    Learn about the new Empathy Center

2.    Help generate ideas and projects to build the Empathy Center and Empathy Movement

3.    Learn the Empathy Circle process - the most effective foundational listening and empathy building process.

4.    Meet with others who want to make a better world with mutual listening, empathy and dialogue.

5.    Workshop leaders, trainers, facilitators - share how you can host in-person and online workshops at the center.

6.    Learn how to get involved and join the project team

5. Empathy Circle Facilitators Training
https://media.licdn.com/dms/image/D4E1EAQF1coTfARaghA/event-background-image-crop_720_1280/0/1681607405529?e=1682463600&v=beta&t=b39rbRcL_WzO1Jqa80i3pbTlJl4kChrbMDiN9oE4_p8
We’re scheduling a new training starting on May 20th and continuing for four sessions until June 10th.

For a more thorough idea of what we propose

Email Bill for more - paddl...@yahoo.com
View on LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/events/7053172669243904000/

Warmly,

Edwin

Edwin Rutsch

Director: Center for Building a Culture of Empathy:
Building the Empathy Movement
http://CultureOfEmpathy.com

http://EmpathyCircle.com

http://EmpathyTent.com