1. Announcing the Empathy Retreat Center Santa Barbara, CA!!! 2. Facilitators Support Group Correction

Edwin Rutsch

Mar 2, 2023, 3:20:38 PM3/2/23
to empathy-circl...@googlegroups.com

Greetings Empathy Movement Supporters.

A big announcement.

1. Building the Empathy Center in Santa Barbara, California
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/aM4FAJPj8gAtBFbizdbsYrInUbxpwP4VXf8q1Wz2OhBoSnKR-kCK5ruMJJdxxaF7_4sM2PV1nQvTXIydEVTzUUhI8I5SDdrXQoWLsLUA2kVSqBTseqnW2JdbI-BxlcpVg4nr2hgrLykcNju6l_e5tHM

I’m super excited to let you know about a new project for the Empathy Center. My brother purchased this retreat center overlooking Santa Barbara, California and asked me to manage it.  We will be running it as an Empathy Center and will have all kinds of creative and innovative workshops, events and trainings there.

Our vision is a world where mutual empathy guides human interactions, fostering understanding, connection and care, leading to a more innovative and prosperous society for all.

Our mission is to build a culture of empathy through education, awareness and community building initiatives, in order to bridge divides and create a more caring, creative and innovative society for all.

There is a lot of work to be done and we invite you to get involved.  We are holding a series of Visioning Empathy Circles for how to use the space. We want to hear your ideas as well as how you might like to be involved. You are welcome to join us in these circles.
See.  https://www.canoascenter.com/visioning-circles

The Visioning circles are on Mondays and Fridays.  We will be holding them on Saturdays, starting next week Mar 11.  I’ll be sending out more info about how you can get involved shortly. Stay Tuned.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/BTlEIjxR_TJXIJxU5huzlTlKB0jTgKRwGnTo5LMWxlk_M-ng4NypnlM25EUi35KJSPKghdcaY8CsCKJ88fCQX1y3vy5izp1VGnobt91zfNEKxP-2BvpnuJPhMaNbWU0NzA=w1280 https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/HCkxXuGKRPzmmKfCc6k0rGJWnbhNB_cd8OijtSZGAx4ePIC8KreHAtGpj9qbzPTh2CPNSDo2ECZ3ft7V5P0rLXqiSECBWvTc1lPQcBGDVHJicB8CbFY6J8BIsHHH72mrow=w1280

Take a tour of the property. https://www.canoascenter.com/tour
See a cool 3d Google Earth view.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/WKg4qfm7-dZSO4U7RZMkL62lPnUev921U2naLrimb_L9UV-X_D5GV3va1b2AcIopx19nMSh9HJR0hm4Q08KJdI73GAiot1jKB-H3iiUbAOCZY1zY5S1Jll4LG4UulAcOXA=w1280

"For empathy is the fuel of democracy. Let me say that again: Empathy — empathy is the fuel of democracy, a willingness to see each other — not as enemies, neighbors. Even when we disagree, to understand what the other is going through." Joe Biden

2. Lou’s Empathy Circle Facilitators Online Support Group

Correction:There is no Support Group meeting tomarrow, Friday Mar 3.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/cp73SvzMF18EfqnJOCj012wd_CE2elwbw-K071xH7KPve6tspa_zF3DoR_VAOwzVvRgVIfmSpq3ApxL_ZTVIBmRZUtOcj9VfGR69rCqOL9bW7eLKgdv7hQ9-rb3JX-rZEA=w1280
See the Empathy Circle Google Calendar For Current Circles.

https://www.empathycircles.com/schedule
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/666624686

Upcoming dates are

·         FRIDAY, Mar. 10 - 8-10 am Pacific Time

·         FRIDAY, Mar.17

·         FRIDAY, Mar. 33

·         FRIDAY, April. 14

“By peace we mean the capacity to transform conflicts with empathy, without violence, and creatively — a never-ending process” Johan Galtung

Warmly,

Edwin

Edwin Rutsch

Director: Center for Building a Culture of Empathy:
Building the Empathy Movement
San Francisco Bay Area, California
http://CultureOfEmpathy.com

http://EmpathyCircle.com