Empathy Center News - Upcoming events and workshops

Edwin Rutsch

Apr 14, 2023, 1:29:49 AM4/14/23
to Empathy Circles Development

hi Everyone.
I'm still at the Santa Barbara Empathy Center until Sunday.. We have been cleaning up the space.   Christian, Jose and I are working on filling the third, 22 foot long trash container in the last week.  The previous owners left all kinds of furniture, supplies and stuff that we are cleaning up. It's a big space of 55,000 sq ft. At the end of the day, every muscle in my body hurts. But I like physical activity.

There were also 3 clogged sewage pipes we had to snake and we had to deal with a MAJOR  irrigation pipe leak that was discovered. Looks like a pipe was leaking for months if not longer. It contributed to a big landside on a remote part of the property.  The last water bill was for $3,000!
image.png

Thanks to 7th Generation Design who tracked down the leak while doing their permaculture site assessment. We would like to set up permaculture and regenerative gardening here.   If Wes and Mac had not tracked down the leak, it would still be going, and who knows what damage it would be causing..

What all this has to do with empathy I'm not sure.  I guess building a real life empathy center means you have to deal with physical reality.

Thanks to all the people that were here last week, visited and helped out. Bill, Zak, Lou,  Mel, Catherine and more. It was a lot of fun and we held several in person empathy circles. I find that while we had fun chatting with each other, when we hold empathy circles the conversation goes deeper.

 Now onto Bill's new deep empathy game.

Play the Empathy Circle Game:  A New Game made by Bill Filler.
It’s new! Play the Empathy Circle Game and improve your listening and communication skills while saving human civilization! Go to empathycirclegame.com and download it for free!
A New Game made by Bill Filler.  paddl...@yahoo.com

See the full Google Calendar of upcoming events and workshops

https://www.empathycircles.com/schedule

1.  Empathy Center Volunteers Visioning Empathy Circle - Every Friday
For those interested in volunteering on developing the Center.

Details: https://bit.ly/VolunteersVEC
Time: 10am PT/1pm ET/
Location: Zoom https://zoom.us/j/9896109339

2. Drop-in Visioning Empathy Circles
Open to Everyone - Every Saturday

Details: https://bit.ly/3Z1iYIX
Everyone Welcome
Time: 10am PT/1pm ET/
Location: Zoom https://zoom.us/j/9896109339
LinkedIn Event Link: https://bit.ly/SatVisoningCircle
Facebook Event Link:  https://bit.ly/FBVisioningEC

Why Take Part

1.    Learn about the new Empathy Center

2.    Help generate ideas and projects to build the Empathy Center and Empathy Movement

3.    Learn the Empathy Circle process - the most effective foundational listening and empathy building process.

4.    Meet with others who want to make a better world with mutual listening, empathy and dialogue.

5.    Workshop leaders, trainers, facilitators - share how you can host in-person and online workshops at the center.

6.    Learn how to get involved and join the project team

3.   Empathy Circle Facilitators Training
We’re scheduling a new training starting on May 20th and continuing for four sessions until June 10th. We will meet in Bill’s zoom room https://zoom.us/j/3521266686.

For a more thorough idea of what we propose go to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H6k4252v4f-zO4Jc5kJJbqCpGKgjfI64Jov3C4V0PYA/edit .

Email Bill for more - paddl...@yahoo.com

4. Lou’s Fridays Empathy Circle Facilitators Online Support Group
See the Empathy Circle Google Calendar For Current Circles
Location: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/666624686

Upcoming dates are Every 2 weeks or so

Date:  FRIDAY, April. 14

Time, 8-10am Pacific Time More info: lou.z...@gmail.com

Warmly,

Edwin

Edwin Rutsch

Director: Center for Building a Culture of Empathy:
Building the Empathy Movement
http://CultureOfEmpathy.com

http://EmpathyCircle.com

http://EmpathyTent.com