Chinese Zodiac and Emoji

Chris Fynn

Dec 21, 2008, 12:05:02 AM12/21/08
to emoji4unicode
In the proposal I see:

e-1DE CHINESE ZODIAC DRAGON

and various other beasts

Wouldn't it be better to first encode a complete set of symbols for
the complete Oriental Zodiac (rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake,
horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog, pig) - a set of symbols which is
after all far older and better established than the Emoji set - and
then, map any Emoji symbols that overlap to those code points?

- Chris

Markus Scherer

Dec 22, 2008, 2:14:51 PM12/22/08
to emoji4...@googlegroups.com
That may or may not have been better, but we can't wait for that to happen.

For the Emoji proposal, I _could_ propose code points for these "beasts" in a separate chart column, in anticipation of future completion of the set. (I made a note of that.)

markus

Rick McGowan

Dec 22, 2008, 4:53:47 PM12/22/08
to emoji4...@googlegroups.com

The complete set of 12 animals is already in the Emoji proposal, it just
needs to be put into the correct order.

Rick

Mark Davis

Dec 22, 2008, 5:40:14 PM12/22/08