Emoji PDF charts

Markus Scherer

Jan 14, 2009, 4:56:17 PM1/14/09
to emoji4...@googlegroups.com
Dear Emoji enthusiasts,

I have printed the HTML charts to PDF, using real fonts for the symbols rather than bitmap images.

There is a new chart with the Emoji symbols proposed for new encoding, sorted by their preliminary, proposed Unicode code points, and omitting the carrier symbols data:

There is also the PDF version of the chart that we have published so far, showing both new and unified symbols in context:

The advantage of using real fonts and printing to PDF is that you can see all of the symbols without installing special fonts, and you avoid rendering and scaling artifacts of the bitmap images that were generated from the fonts.

The disadvantage of the PDF versions is that it does not show animated carrier symbols in their animated form, but appears to only show the first frame of the animation sequence. For full fidelity of the carrier symbols, please continue to look at the HTML chart:

Best regards,
markus