Fwd: Fw: Stop dirty energy permitting deal

Richrd MacMaster

Sep 13, 2022, 4:41:40 PM9/13/22
to emmanuel-men...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Macmaster,Richard <rmac...@ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 4:39 PM
Subject: Fw: Stop dirty energy permitting deal
To: Dr. Richard Macmaster <macmas...@gmail.com>

From: Tammy Alexander, MCC U.S. National Peace & Justice Ministries <np...@mcc.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 4:04 PM
To: Macmaster,Richard <rmac...@ufl.edu>
Subject: Stop dirty energy permitting deal

[External Email]
September 13, 2022  Tell Congress to say ‘no’ to the dirty energy permitting dealBackground: In order to secure West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin’s vote on the Inflation Reduction Act, Senate Majority

September 13, 2022

Tell Congress to say ‘no’ to the dirty energy permitting deal

Background: In order to secure West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin’s vote on the Inflation Reduction Act, Senate Majority Leader Schumer agreed to consider a bill that would speed permitting for critical minerals mining and fossil fuel projects. Such a bill could remove important environmental and human health safeguards, allow strip mining on sacred lands and disproportionately impact Black, indigenous and low-income communities.

The bill, which would not pass on its own, is being attached to a must-pass continuing resolution to keep the federal government funded.

Faith reflection: We are entrusted with a ministry of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:19). We can be climate peacemakers if we approach changemaking with an attitude of love, humility and listening, restoring right relationships as we restore God’s Earth.

Action: Tell Congress to say ‘no’ to the dirty energy permitting deal

Photo above: Oak Flat in the Tonto National Forest of Arizona is at risk from a proposed copper mine. Photo courtesy of Lars Åkerson

Click the link below to log in and send your message:
https://www.votervoice.net/BroadcastLinks/difkZ6fA_CwFtB43l5MHdw

MCC U.S. National Peace & Justice Ministries
920 Pennsylvania Avenue SE
Washington, D.C. 20003

   Visit our homepage.
Email us.
Make a donation.

Click here to unsubscribe from this mailing list.