Re: Helping Mark

Miriam Elliott

Sep 14, 2022, 11:22:35 AM9/14/22
to emmanuel-men...@googlegroups.com
Elyse,
I know I responded to this yesterday but it isn't showing up in my Sent box so replying again. I'm pretty distracted & having trouble focusing, with all the challenges of late, so likely failed to get my reply properly sent.

Elyse, you are an angel for your offer of meals. I am going to decline at this time. I think we're OK for now. But I'll keep this in mind once we get further into treatment. If things get too difficult I'll reach out to you.

Before all the new developments Mark dealt with ongoing severe back pain. When it's really bad he loses his appetite so meals are always a challenge. And since he's in bed a lot due to pain we seldom eat at the same time. I'm anticipating as he gets weeks into his radiation & chemo that he may end up having to resort to pureed food to be able to swallow it. Dr told him to concentrate on calorie intake and not to worry about consuming high fat things like milkshakes. So I may be making him milkshakes or I'll make runs to Steak 'n Shake for their great milkshakes! Now that I'm writing this 2nd email I'm thinking that Steak 'n Shake gift cards would be a help. His treatments will be at Shands Medical Plaza/Davis Cancer Pavilion & we pass right by Steak 'n Shake on the way home. Milkshakes are something we rarely splurge on so I think Mark would appreciate this.

Again, we so appreciate your willingness to set up meals. So kind of you. And keep the prayers coming.

Peace & Love,
Miriam

Sep 14, 2022, 9:23:38 PM9/14/22
to emmanuel-men...@googlegroups.com

Elyse Moser just sent you a gift card for Steak 'n Shake using Ibotta! 💸
https://egift.activationspot.com/egift?eid=0CVFG26GQ8SRR4AN1C8N3TTJRM&tid=D47R19NTZ7N91GT78JV50K77KA

I hope this helps to start out with. You should be able to show on your phone if you have a smartphone or print it. If you have trouble, let me know and I can print it for you.

Elyse

Miriam Elliott

Sep 14, 2022, 9:51:10 PM9/14/22
to emmanuel-men...@googlegroups.com
Elyse,
Thank you SO much! I'm able to pull it up on my phone so we're all set.

Mark likes also going out for breakfast: eggs, hash browns, toast & sausage (I like that too, just no meat please!). It is something we've seldom done until recently following early morning dr appts. So that will be a treat for him too, in addition to the milkshakes. He has lost almost 40 lbs since Jan, in hindsight a sign he had cancer. So need to keep from losing more. And anything that will cheer him up or give him something to look forward to or lift his spirits during the next couple months is most appreciated.

Thank you times 100!

Miriam

Please note: message attached
Subject: Re: Helping Mark
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 20:36:02 -0400

Message

Ginny Campbell

Sep 14, 2022, 10:10:40 PM9/14/22
to emmanuel-men...@googlegroups.com

Elyse Marhefka

Sep 15, 2022, 1:37:22 PM9/15/22
to emmanuel-men...@googlegroups.com
I’m so sorry I don’t know how this got sent to everyone. It said just Miriam in the send.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 10:10 PM Ginny Campbell <ginn...@gmail.com> wrote:
What a great idea, Elyse!