Projects

Richrd MacMaster

Sep 18, 2022, 8:53:57 AM9/18/22
to emmanuel-men...@googlegroups.com, Ginny Campbell
Hello!

I'd like to clarify some projects that may need renewing this time.

1) Stipend for Carlos and Estefani and children
     Carlos hopes to be self-supporting.
     He is not yet employed by RTA as a bus driver nor has training begun.
     His work permit expires in February and it is not known when or if it will be renewed before they are granted asylum.
     Given the uncertainty the family will need support in 2023. Even if he is fully employed, they will not be able to meet all their needs.

2) Baker Interfaith Friends
     I believe Emmanuel has given Baker Interfaith Friends $2,000 for the last few years.
     This sum (essentially their budget) has enabled them to provide bus fare, clothing, phone money, etc. for released or deported detainees. ICE dumps them in Jacksonville.
      Baker Interfaith Friends is an Emmanuel ministry with several members here active in it.

3) Beltram Peace Center
     The Beltram Peace Center project money has provided funds for Emmanuel outreach over the years.
      It has met expenses for outside speakers and events, discussion groups, book studies, including purchase of books for the library, DVDs for discussion series and expenses for summer movies.
      The Beltram fund has also been used for small gifts/memberships with allies like the National Farm Worker Ministry.
       Fred will have a better idea of the many uses of this project money.

4) Assuming that the stipend for Carlos and family continues, it would be appropriate for some active member of the congregation to take over my role in dispensing their stipend. Fred wrote a check in January 2022 for the entire $5,200 and I opened an account with PNC bank in my own name. The checks from Holy Trinity ($400/month) are deposited there as they come in.       I can continue this through 2022, but it would be good for someone who can report to the Church Council and congregation.to open a new account in January.

All the best

Richard