understanding EMIRGE output data

Debjit De

Dec 9, 2017, 5:45:27 AM12/9/17
to EMIRGE users

Dear Miller,

First of all, I would like to thank you for developing such a user-friendly tool (EMIRGE) and I am regular user for the last couple of months for my research project.

In my study, after extracting the 16S rRNA gene fragments from whole metagenome sequences I am using EMIRGE to reconstruct the full length of sequences followed by OUT clustering in MOTHUR. But I have problems with prior and norm-prior values. I have no ideas how to utilize prior and norm-prior values to calculate the sequence abundance (as indicated in your Ref: Genome Biology, vol-12(R44)/2011 and PlosOne, vol-8(1-11)/2013).  What I understand those values are used for calculating sequences abundance in the whole sequences.

Can those values are used to interpret the diversity in bacterial communities as well.

Your kind help will be highly appreciated.

Looking forward to your kind suggestions.

Best

Debjit

A regular EMERGE user.