EMFProfile constraints

Xabier De Carlos Garcia

Nov 19, 2013, 9:54:52 AM11/19/13
to emf-pr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm starting to use EMFProfiles for adding additional information to a domain metamodel specified using ecore. My question is if already exists an integrated mechanism for specifying constraints that affect stereotypes within a profile? One constraint can be for example that stereotype S1 can be applied only to classes that are abstract.

Thank you,
Best regards,
Xabi.

Philip Langer

Nov 22, 2013, 5:57:24 AM11/22/13
to emf-pr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xabi,

unfortunately, the current version of EMF Profiles does not support
constraints that limit the applicability yet. I've created an issue in
the EMF Profiles project:

https://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/emf-profiles/issues/detail?id=41

Basically, implementing this feature would not be too complicated as it
only affects the profile metamodel and one method. Using the OCL
implementation for EMF, the evaluation of OCL constraints is also quite
straightforward. I sketched the implementation in the bug report linked
above.

I cannot say how fast I'll be able to implement this feature. It might
take a while until I find the time, but this would definitely be a nice
feature to have. Would you be interested to help implementing that? If
yes, I'd be more than happy to collaborate in that matter with you!

Thanks and best wishes,

Philip

Xabier De Carlos Garcia

Nov 26, 2013, 8:12:02 AM11/26/13
to emf-pr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philip,
Thanks for your response. Currently I don't need this feature for my work, but I thin that is an interesting feature to be added within EMF Profiles. Actually I'm busy with other tasks, so I don't have enought time :( But I will notify you if I work on this in the future.

Thank you very much for your attention,
Best regards,
Xabi.