Wake up, you zombies, I want to do a release

dequis

Nov 16, 2014, 5:05:08 AM11/16/14
to eme...@googlegroups.com
Last tuesday the address book servers started rejecting the ApplicationID we use, which corresponds to WLM 2008. This also affected pidgin, bitlbee, amsn, trillian, etc.

So yeah now msn *actually* stopped working, but wasn't really shut down. The commit to fix it is simple:

https://github.com/emesene/emesene/commit/e01e3a532ff52bb83b38f39dd534f1e70ce55033

And you know, since everyone else in this project is dead, I guess that means nobody would mind me releasing a new version with this, right?

Sooo, what I need:

1. Access to post to the blog. I would have asked C10uD about this on irc but i can never catch him online.
2. I have no way to build Mac OS X stuff, so unless the dev in charge of that respawns, it won't happen.
3. If there's anyone who still remembers the state of master, is that even stable? I suspect the GTK3 migration wasn't complete. It looks rough. I might have to exclude it or fix it. We'll see.

Also I'm probably going to use emesene as my playground to test upgrading the protocol to MSNP21 / MSNP24, which might result in another release with full skype support. Maybe. No promises - I reserve my right to skip that part if nobody gives a fuck about emesene at this point.

But yeah it turns out emesene has been quite helpful when debugging these recent issues, since the protocol implementation is sane and the debugging is nice and there's a part that shows the state of contact lists clearly.

I'm currently throwing builds of this at people in #pidgin mostly because of that last thing, the list of allow/block/forward/reverse in the options.

Riccardo (c10ud)

Nov 16, 2014, 6:25:02 AM11/16/14
to eme...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

1. sent the blog invites to: "Dx" <ho...@kiace.com.ar>, "Dx"
<webm...@dxzone.com.ar>, "Dx" <d...@dxzone.com.ar>,
2. no idea about it, but this list or a blog post could respawn someone
3. I think this is the last good report about the transition
http://blog.emesene.org/2012/11/emesene-and-gtk3.html
However since 2 years have passed the gtk3 bindings should be better
and hopefully working. But I guess you would just have to try it
out..(IIRC it was working well except for a couple of probably ubuntu
specific issues due to gtk3 being kind of experimental)

Have fun,
Riccardo

josh.f...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2015, 2:07:22 PM1/21/15
to eme...@googlegroups.com
I may be willing to make OS X builds again