Bank and Related

Elliot Conte

Aug 26, 2011, 8:24:04 PM8/26/11
to emerso...@googlegroups.com
Alright.  Just all my stuff that is in workable possibly interesting condition.

bankserver, state.

The essentials for using the bank.  Import bankserver then just new bank(); to set up a bank.  Action: Touch should be sufficient to open up a GUI with a bank entity.  Note: bankserver assumes the location of state.em.  This is noted in the file itself so if state.em is not in std folder then this line must be changed.  I note where it is in a big space of comments.

state.em.  Not essential to interact with the bank.  The bank can manually be messaged, but this is for GUIs and general ease of use.  This is what is shipped to a client of the bank and instantiated.

bankConnect.  My little file for setting up a service to connect with the bank and charge clients.  Fairly simple to one use, just change around the one marked line at the end.  I addressed this in an earlier email but this is the most up to date version and Kotaro/Kevin and others have used this pretty easily to connect with the bank.  Basically all you do is change //DO STUFF to whatever is required to start your game or application once a user has paid.  The rest of the function automatically searches for the bank, logs in and then waits for clients.  The bank interaction parts should be not too bad to understand.  For example you will see 'trade' messages where the exact text or details can be modified.  Basically just an example use to show users how to connect up and give ideas for more complex interaction patterns.

In pacmanserver you'll see almost this exact model of interaction (slightly different but bankConnect was modeled after pacmanserver).  This is what you require to run the pacman game.  Note.  pacmanserver is actually less advanced than bankConnect so slightly more steps are required:

On your avatar:
Click on the bank entity and press enter.  Do not log into the GUI.  Now just require pacmanserver and then you should be good.  This essentially only requires the manual clicking/enter on the bank which is no longer needed when using bankConnect.

testpacman is the file for the actual game used by pacmanserver.  Runs the game for the user.  Restarting the game when it ends still probably has some slight bugs but I believe it -basically- works.

scriptP.  Written by Will and I.  Used for guaranteeing file persistance and success of multi file scripts with minimal effort.  I originally intended this for use on blank entities created by the bank or birthing tower so users could easily convert local private scripts to persistant ones that work on other OHs.  Probably the most useful thing here.  At the bottom there are comments demonstrating the use.  Also described in earlier emails to this list.

Lastly.  A set of default, default Avatar and scriptable.  This is not really much just my few changes to scriptable that let users control which scripts are allowed to run.  Moderately useful in a shared world with other users but not much, just maybe can be expanded for greater utility.

Elliot
bankserver.em
state.em
bankConnect.em