Memory leaks in space server?

1 view

Ben Christel

Jul 19, 2011, 4:23:25 PM7/19/11
to Emerson Scripting Language: Users
The Mac space server is devouring literally gigabytes of memory after
cppoh has been started and killed multiple times. It appears to be
allocing large amounts of memory that never get freed or reused. This
might be due to the fact that I'm ctrl-C'ing the client each time
instead of exiting normally, but that's never been a problem before.
Is this something other people are noticing, or is it just a mac thing?

Ewen Cheslack-Postava

Jul 19, 2011, 4:26:40 PM7/19/11
to emerso...@googlegroups.com
Jeff was also noticing this on mac. My space server on Linux is only
at a couple hundred megs after ~15 cppoh (default scene) connections,
including killing cppoh. I'll try to look into the memory usage on my
Mac.

-Ewen

Ewen Cheslack-Postava

Jul 19, 2011, 8:23:43 PM7/19/11
to emerso...@googlegroups.com
I tracked down a major offender (and a few of the same bug in other,
more minor locations):
https://github.com/sirikata/sirikata/commit/6300c36f7be174cb38e71373a7e2d284b9adb467.
That'll be included in the next build.

-Ewen