Telecon invitations: Critical Infrastructure, IoT, Cybersecurity

Nigel Cameron

Jan 3, 2017, 5:49:25 PM1/3/17
to emergingte...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

The incoming administration has placed considerable emphasis on infrastructure renewal and development.

So this is a timely opportunity to address crucial issues of security and resilience.

Our 2017 series on Security and Critical Infrastructure opens with our Senior Fellow Robert McCreight, author of the standard text An Introduction to Emergency Exercise Design and Evaluation, leading a teleconference, accessible worldwide, on Innovation for Infrastructure Resilience. It's scheduled for January 24 at 2.00 p.m. eastern time. You are invited to join us.  (Below you will find a short background paper from Dr. McCreight.)

Next up: Senior Fellows Daniel Caprio and Jody Westby on Securing the Internet of Things: Critical Infrastructure and Cybersecurity. February 23 at 2.00 p.m.eastern.

Please register here (Caprio and Westby)

Daniel Caprio, Co-founder and Executive Chairman of The Providence Group, and Jody Westby, President of Global Cyber Risk, will discuss security priorities as the Internet of Things is rapidly commercialized and integrated into our homes, our cities, and potentially every aspect of our infrastructure.

Daniel Caprio has served as the Chief Privacy Officer and Deputy Assistant Secretary at the Commerce Department, a transatlantic subject matter expert for the European Commission's Internet of Things formal expert group, a Chief of Staff for a Federal Trade Commission Commissioner and a member of the Department of Homeland Security Data Privacy and Integrity Advisory Committee.

Jody Westby serves as Adjunct Distinguished Fellow to Carnegie Mellon CyLab.  She was lead author on Carnegie Mellon's Governing for Enterprise Security Implementation Guide, which was developed for boards and senior management. She is also co-chair of the American Bar Association's Privacy and Computer Crime Committee and was chair, co-author and editor of its International Guide to Combating Cybercrime, International Guide to Cyber Security, International Guide to Privacy, and Roadmap to an Enterprise Security Program (endorsed by the Global CSO Council).  She is author of the Legal Guide to Cybersecurity Research and the Legal Guide to Botnet Research, published by ABA Publishing in July 2013.

Best regards,

Nigel Cameron
President and CEO
Center for Policy on Emerging Technologies
Washington, DC 20002

--
Nigel M. de S. Cameron

President and CEO, Center for Policy on Emerging Technologies
Washington, DC

--------------------

Commissioner of the U.S. National Commission for UNESCO; Chair, Committee on Social and Human Sciences.

Senior Fellow, University of Ottawa Institute for Science, Society and Policy

office: 202 248 5027
direct: 202 905 7945
@nigelcameron
Skype: nigelmcameron

-

840 First Street NE, Third Floor
CNN Building
Washington, DC 20002

Center for Policy on Emerging Technologies
Asking Tomorrow's Questions