December 10: Internet of Things event!

1 view

Nigel Cameron

Nov 30, 2015, 11:30:12 AM11/30/15
to emergingte...@googlegroups.com
It's now just six years since C-PET teamed up with law firm McKenna Long & Aldridge to host Washington's first conference on the Internet of Things.

I co-chaired this day-long event that brought together leaders from business, cybersecurity, and policy - together with Dan Caprio (then at McKenna Long, now of The Providence Group) and Mike Nelson (now at Cloudfare), both C-PET Senior Fellows and longtime leaders among the visionaries who have foreseen the vast impact of the Internet of Things - and the need for the policy community to be prepared in order for us to maximize its benefits.

Meanwhile we have convened a succession of panels addressing related business and policy agendas, and more recently joined with Forum Global in the annual multi-disciplinary IoT Summits on both sides of the Atlantic.

I invite you to join us and other expert commentators on December 10 as, six years on, we continue relentlessly looking ahead and review the policy agenda for the Washington community as the implications of the IoT begin to unfold.

McKinsey is now projecting that by 2025 the Internet of Things - which essentially joins the new economy to the old - will drive up to 10% of the global economy. It will also utterly transform our lives, personal and social, from connected cars to smart homes in smart cities. And its security implications are enormous.

We look forward to seeing you at our Policy Briefing in Washington, DC on December 10 - register here.

Our expert panel includes:

Daniel Caprio, C
o-founder and Chairman, The Providence Group

Richard Cooper, VP of Research and Emerging Issues, US Chamber of Commerce Foundation

Michael Nelson, Public Policy, Cloudflare

Karen Rose, Senior Director for Policy and Research, The Internet Society

Martin Apple, President Emeritus, Council of Scientific Society Presidents*

*to be confirmed

--
Nigel M. de S. Cameron

President and CEO, Center for Policy on Emerging Technologies
Washington, DC

office: 202 248 5027
direct: 202 905 7945
@nigelcameron
Skype: nigelmcameron

-

840 First Street NE, Third Floor
CNN Building
Washington, DC 20002

Center for Policy on Emerging Technologies
Asking Tomorrow's Questions