Join us on 12/10: The Internet of Things

1 view

Nigel Cameron

Nov 13, 2015, 11:33:37 AM11/13/15
to emergingte...@googlegroups.com

Dear Friends,

McKinsey is projecting that by 2025 the Internet of Things - which essentially joins the new economy to the old - will drive up to 10% of the global economy. It will also utterly transform our lives, personal and social, from connected cars to smart homes in smart cities.

As we prepare for our Policy Briefing on the Internet of Things in Washington, DC on December 10 (register here today!), you may recall my op-ed, published in the San Francisco Chronicle, on the disturbing IoT security implications of the hacked Jeep Cherokee (pasted below). The security implications of the increasingly connected world envisaged by the IoT vision is, or needs to be, central to the agenda of business leaders and policymakers alike.

Our expert panel includes:

Representative Suzan DelBene (D-WA), Co-chair of the House Internet of Things Caucus*

Daniel Caprio, C
o-founder and Chairman, The Providence Group

Michael Nelson, Public Policy, Cloudflare

Martin Apple, President Emeritus, Council of Scientific Society Presidents*

*to be confirmed

Space is limited, so we advise early registration for you and your colleagues.

Best regards,

Nigel

--
Nigel M. de S. Cameron

President and CEO, Center for Policy on Emerging Technologies
Washington, DC

office: 202 248 5027
direct: 202 905 7945
@nigelcameron
Skype: nigelmcameron

-

840 First Street NE, Third Floor
CNN Building
Washington, DC 20002

Center for Policy on Emerging Technologies
Asking Tomorrow's Questions