2011 Call for Participation is open

Alex Payne

Jan 25, 2011, 6:26:42 PM1/25/11
to emergi...@googlegroups.com

I’m thrilled to announce that O’Reilly has made Emerging Languages an official part of their annual OSCON event. We’ll be back in Portland, Oregon, USA in late July, 2011.

We’re once again looking forward to showcasing more exciting new programming languages, as well as the latest in language implementation research and techniques. We’re open to any and all proposals, from the academic to the industrial, hobbyests or seasoned language designers, high-level and conceptual or nitty-gritty and pragmatic. If it would be interesting to you, it’ll probably be interesting to us.

You can submit your proposals through the OSCON site:

  http://www.oscon.com/oscon2011/public/cfp/144

Please be sure to specify that your talk is for the Emerging Languages track.

We’ll keep you posted as we firm up the event’s details. Please pass the word along to your colleagues. Thanks!

--
Alex Payne
http://al3x.net/

Justin Chase

Jan 25, 2011, 6:52:16 PM1/25/11
to emergi...@googlegroups.com
Did the videos from the last one ever make it up online anywhere?

Alex Payne

Jan 25, 2011, 6:56:53 PM1/25/11
to emergi...@googlegroups.com
A number of them did, and more are coming as our volunteer videographer gets around to them: http://confreaks.net/events/elcamp2010