Strange Loop 2010 - Oct. 14-15, St. Louis

Alex Miller

Sep 8, 2010, 2:21:26 AM9/8/10
to Emerging Languages Camp
Hello, if you are yearning for the heady language buzz of OSCON, you
might want to check out the Strange Loop conference coming up soon.
Strange Loop will feature a slew of talks on various new and old
languages including Clojure, Scala, Groovy, Ruby, JavaScript, Java,
Lua, F#, Perl 6, and Go. Full schedule here: http://strangeloop2010.com/calendar

Also, Guy Steele will be doing a keynote! http://strangeloop2010.com/talks/14299

In addition to the language talks there will also be talks about nosql
dbs (MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak, Mark Logic, HyperGraphDB), web (HTML 5,
semantic web), mobile (Android), and more.

Hope you can make it! Tickets are $190 through Sept and $100 for
students.

Alex Miller

Eleanor McHugh

Sep 9, 2010, 5:10:49 AM9/9/10
to emergi...@googlegroups.com
On 8 Sep 2010, at 07:21, Alex Miller wrote:
> Hello, if you are yearning for the heady language buzz of OSCON, you
> might want to check out the Strange Loop conference coming up soon.
> Strange Loop will feature a slew of talks on various new and old
> languages including Clojure, Scala, Groovy, Ruby, JavaScript, Java,
> Lua, F#, Perl 6, and Go. Full schedule here: http://strangeloop2010.com/calendar
>
> Also, Guy Steele will be doing a keynote! http://strangeloop2010.com/talks/14299
>
> In addition to the language talks there will also be talks about nosql
> dbs (MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak, Mark Logic, HyperGraphDB), web (HTML 5,
> semantic web), mobile (Android), and more.

I'd be particularly happy to see a few of you at my session on building virtual machines with Go, even if only to throw rocks at some of my half-baked opinions :)

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
http://feyeleanor.tel
----

Charles Oliver Nutter

Sep 9, 2010, 11:00:34 AM9/9/10
to emergi...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Eleanor McHugh
<ele...@games-with-brains.com> wrote:
> I'd be particularly happy to see a few of you at my session on building virtual machines with Go, even if only to throw rocks at some of my half-baked opinions :)

I wish I could be there! Have fun throwing rocks at Eleanor! (er, I
mean at her half-baked opinions!)

- Charlie

Eleanor McHugh

Sep 9, 2010, 7:57:29 PM9/9/10
to emergi...@googlegroups.com

And that folks is why I never stand still on stage ;)