Diatom New Year’s Greeting

Dr. Richard Gordon

Dec 27, 2010, 12:08:34 AM12/27/10
to embryo...@googlegroups.com, bookswi...@googlegroups.com
Sunday, December 26, 2010 11:42 PM, Panacea, Florida
Dear Friends, Relatives, Colleagues & Books With Wings Volunteers,
Happy New Year from me, shown in the attached photo with my hosts Ali Beskok, Ahmet Can Sabuncu, Xavier-Lewis Palmer and Mark Levenstein at the BioMicroFluidics Laboratory at Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia. For fun and its beauty, here’s our first PIV (Particle Image Velocimetry) of a moving pennate diatom.

Congratulations to all the Books With Wings (http://bookswithwings.ca) volunteers for another shipment of university books due to arrive in Afghanistan shortly!

May you have a peaceful and fruitful year.
Yours, -Dick Gordon

Richard (Dick) Gordon
Visitor, Camera Culture, Media Lab, MIT
Visitor, BioMicroFluidics Laboratory, Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Old Dominion University
gor...@cc.umanitoba.ca

PIV of pennate.jpg
Diatom Nanofluidicists.jpg