STM32F4discovery gpio_http_admin

Maris Engineering

Apr 27, 2022, 5:07:03 AM4/27/22
to embox...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Yesterday I was considering to buy a stm32f407g-disc1 kit (kit has been renamed) in order to play with gpio/website. Today I realize that the f407 indeed provides ethernet MAC, but the board does not offer RJ45!
Upon viewing the video (https://anton-bondarev.medium.com/design-web-site-on-linux-and-running-on-a-stm32-mcu-1e8298d33772), I see that the eval kit is on top of another board. Is that a board that provides ethernet PHY & RJ45?

Regards,
Rob

Anton Bondarev

Apr 27, 2022, 5:20:37 AM4/27/22
to embox...@googlegroups.com, Maris Engineering
Hello,

Regards,
Anton

Maris Engineering

Apr 27, 2022, 7:48:14 AM4/27/22
to embox...@googlegroups.com, Anton Bondarev
The problem with the base board is: no longer manufactured (and the stm32f407g-disc1 is nowhere at stock).
Hence I started to create a new gpio_http_admin template for stm32f746g-discovery, and used a sample of another stm32f746g-discovery template to get its config right.

However I get a link error:
arm-none-eabi-ld: Error: sram_nocache_section_size overflow.
Please increase it in mods.conf
But I don't see anything what could be modified (further) in mods.conf to get rid of this; lds.conf seems more logically. Of course I did any changes to test in the embox/conf/ directory and do plain make again.

If you could spend a bit time to inspect the new template folder (packed in attachment), I'd appreciate that.

Regards,
Rob
stm32f746g-discovery-.tar.gz

Anton Bondarev

Apr 27, 2022, 9:37:05 AM4/27/22
to Maris Engineering, embox...@googlegroups.com
To fix the problem with sram_nocache_section_size
just add some options to armv7m_cpu_cache module
@Runlevel(0) include embox.arch.arm.armmlib.armv7m_cpu_cache(
log_level=4,
sram_nocache_section_size=0x4000,
nocache_region0_addr=0x60000000, nocache_region0_size=0x00100000
)

Except this, it needs to disable  touchscreen. There is irq number conflict between gpio and touchscreen on this platform

Also I suggest to use separate stacks for lthread and irqs
add
@Runlevel(0) include embox.arch.arm.armmlib.interrupt
@Runlevel(0) include embox.arch.arm.armmlib.exception_entry(irq_stack_size=1024)
@Runlevel(0) include embox.arch.arm.armmlib.lthread_own_stack(stack_size=1024)

I also modify some multitasking options . It needs for long HTTP request as I remember
I attached mods.conf

P.S. I prefer to use -O0 (build.conf) for debug version where it's possible

Best regards,
Anton

ср, 27 апр. 2022 г. в 14:48, Maris Engineering <ma...@maris-ee.eu>:
mods.conf