How to import vector file

Karol Sherling

Jul 20, 2016, 12:11:36 PM7/20/16
to Embird forum
I have embird and font engine text (not trial, real version). I cannot locate how I import the vector into the program in order to convert to a stitch design.

Thanks for the help!

Marietta Walker

Jul 26, 2016, 4:45:56 AM7/26/16
to embird...@googlegroups.com
You will need Studio to import and trace a vector.

On 7/20/2016 7:59 AM, Karol Sherling wrote:
I have embird and font engine text (not trial, real version). I cannot locate how I import the vector into the program in order to convert to a stitch design.

Thanks for the help!

Denise Horne

Jul 26, 2016, 4:46:17 AM7/26/16
to embird...@googlegroups.com
I have had Enbitd for years and have problems every time I use it. Are all emb programs this complicated?

Nyssa Lanzafame

Jun 6, 2017, 11:12:32 AM6/6/17
to Embird forum
Hi Karol Sherling

i am wondering if you ever received any help on this or figured it out?  I am thinking of buying Embird specifically to import vectors.  the trial version does not allow it.  And I cannot  find anyone who can confirm if Embird can do what i would need it to do.
thank you  and i hope you were able to make it work!

Dusan Balara

Jun 6, 2017, 11:42:55 AM6/6/17
to Embird forum
In case of Basic Embird program, switch to Editor window and use main menu > File > Open, just as if you were opening common embroidery file. Browse vector file and open it. It will be filled with stitches automatically.

Better approach is to import vector files into Studio / Digitizing Tools via main menu > Design > Import Vector File. This will load file as vector objects allow you to choose fill type of respective objects and also to edit them.

Best Regards

Dusan Balara
Embird team

Sue

Jun 6, 2017, 11:43:05 AM6/6/17
to embird...@googlegroups.com
You have to have the studio module, the digitizing part, to 'import' a vector.  I use an emf file format because it's the sharpest type for tracing or following.
Sue

Sue
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.