@Embird - Feature Request - Linux Platform Support

Peter Worden

Jan 16, 2014, 7:02:21 PM1/16/14
to embird...@googlegroups.com
The number of users running Linux is growing for various reasons including the fact that every Operating System Windows has put out since Windows XP has irritated many users to the point of migrating away from it.  The gaming community has realized that the Windows platform may not support applications as we know them today and has put a lot of effort into migrating to Linux.  Many businesses are migrating to Linux.  Lightworks, a once Windows only application, has converted a majority of their application code to a single code base and then the remaining small portion of the code that is platform specific gets modified per platform when updates to the software occur.  Lightworks did this in a very short period of time considering how many lines of code their application consists of.

I'm confident that Embird can port a version to Linux and that if they do it will be sought after.  I request that it support the Debian based distributions such as Ubuntu and others as well if they are considered.

There are only a small number of reasons why I must run Windows in my household and they are: AnyDVD, Acronis True Image, Coupons.com, Adobe based products, Fujitsu ScanSnap software, and Embird.  Anything I can do to reduce that list is beneficial in the long run.

JEROME SMITH

Feb 8, 2016, 3:47:59 AM2/8/16
to Embird forum
Would also love to see a Linux version of this software.

I only run Windows for Embroidery software, but would love to leave Windows behind completely.

Jerome

Hans-Hermann Grüschow

Feb 23, 2016, 3:48:35 AM2/23/16
to embird...@googlegroups.com
Hi from germany

i think as Jerome. In my home-net, i have Linux-machines only. For embird, i buyed a Win7-licence.
I tested running embird under Linux, but there was no great succsess. The 64-bit is not running under a 64-bit Ubuntu. The 32-bit i could start, but i could not test all functions....

Hans-Hermann

Betreff: Re: @Embird - Feature Request - Linux Platform Support
Datum: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 07:29:42 -0800 (PST)
Von: JEROME SMITH <jerry...@gmail.com>
Antwort an: embird...@googlegroups.com
An: Embird forum <embird...@googlegroups.com>

Helen Shaw

Feb 23, 2016, 3:48:36 AM2/23/16
to embird...@googlegroups.com
I prefer windows I learnt on windows and not going away from windows 8.

Sent from my HTC on the Telstra Mobile network

Feb 23, 2016, 3:48:36 AM2/23/16
to embird...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to see Linux go main stream! I am fed up with MS!!!
Lynn Hoyt
http://cattaildesigns.blogspot.com/
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/kraftycat/