Matrices and Ember+ Viewer

Bald Dude

Aug 4, 2017, 8:57:48 AM8/4/17
to ember-plus-discuss
Hello,

Sorry if this is an obvious question and if I'm missing something obvious, but I couldn't find a clear answer.

We have a Lawo "A_mic8_digital8" and need to control it using a Java implementation of Ember +. The java implementation provides us with information that were able to validate using Ember+ Viewer. So far so good.

We were trying to implement the Matrices and can't seem to receive  any matrix information from the provider. While I was trying to find the source of the problem, I noticed that I can't see matrices in Ember+ Viewer (version 1.6.2.0). I might be wrong, but I do believe that the Lawo  "A_mic8_digital8" has routing matrices. I went through the documentation and configure a routing Matrix in the Ravenna Web GUI. That is why I expected to see Matrix information in Ember+ Viewer.

Now the questions are:
  • Should I be able to see the  "A_mic8_digital8" routing matrices in Ember+ Viewer (version 1.6.2.0) ?
  • When sending GetDirectory command to the device  through our Ember+ implementation, shouldn't we receive a GlowMatrix object at some point?
Thank you for your help.

Danny Bouthot

Aug 4, 2017, 9:24:38 AM8/4/17
to Freyberger, Johannes, ember-plus-discuss
Hello,

If I'm not mistaken, the firmware version would be 7-2-0-34. Taken from Ravenna Web GUI / about .

Thank you

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 9:15 AM, Freyberger, Johannes <Johannes....@lawo.com> wrote:

Hi,

which firmware version do you use on your A_mic8_digital8? I’m not sure if all versions offer an Ember+ Matrix. Perhaps you could ensure you’ve installed the latest firmware.

Best,

Johannes

Johannes Freyberger

Aug 4, 2017, 10:02:20 AM8/4/17
to Danny Bouthot, ember-plus-discuss

Hi,

yes, this version actually should offer Ember+ matrices, but nevertheless there should be a more recent firmware image for A_mic8_digital8 available on the LAWO website. Perhaps this helps …

Best,

Johannes

Bald Dude

Aug 4, 2017, 10:05:40 AM8/4/17
to ember-plus-discuss

Ok, I will have a look.

But, could you tell me if I should be able to see the matrices in Ember+ Viewer (ver.1.6.2.0) ? Because I don't seem to see them.

Thank you for your help.

Johannes Freyberger

Aug 4, 2017, 10:43:32 AM8/4/17
to Bald Dude, ember-plus-discuss

… which port do you use to connect to? (should be 9009). The matrix should be visible right in the main node as “routing”. I could try to provide a screenshot on Monday if you’re still searching …

Best,

Johannes

Aug 4, 2017, 10:49:46 AM8/4/17
to ember-plus-discuss, dannyb...@gmail.com
I'm using port 9000. Is this wrong? I will try using port 9009.

If you could provide screen shot, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Bald Dude

Aug 4, 2017, 10:54:10 AM8/4/17
to ember-plus-discuss, dannyb...@gmail.com
Hello again,

Ok, using the port 9009, I can see the routing.

Thanks a lot !!!