Easy way to see if 2D projections of 3D refined model match 2D class averages?

Nicholas Gao

Feb 16, 2016, 3:28:42 PM2/16/16
to EMAN2
Hi,

Is there any easy way to see how well the 2D projections of a refined 3D model match up with 2D class averages from the same dataset? Similar to the *aptcl.hdf files used in judging the reasonableness of initial models?

Sincerely,
Nicholas Gao
2nd yr PhD student
David Jeruzalmi Lab

Steven Ludtke

Feb 16, 2016, 3:30:50 PM2/16/16
to em...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the programs
e2classvsproj.py
and
e2ptclvsmap.py

let you compare reference-free class-averages or even raw particles to projections.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMAN2" group.

Steven Ludtke, Ph.D.
Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry and Mol. Biol.                Those who do
Co-Director National Center For Macromolecular Imaging            ARE
Baylor College of Medicine                                     The converse
slu...@bcm.edu  -or-  ste...@alumni.caltech.edu               also applies
http://ncmi.bcm.edu/~stevel

Md Munan Shaik

Oct 19, 2017, 6:10:37 PM10/19/17
to EMAN2
Hi,
I am new in this group and curious to know how to generate 2D projections from a 3D model for auto-picking references. I know how to make 3D model from a PDB but I want to try to generate 2D projections for Autopicking.

Thanks in advance
-Munan Shaik

Steven Ludtke

Oct 19, 2017, 6:13:37 PM10/19/17
to em...@googlegroups.com
In the current version of e2boxer, I’m about 90% sure that you can look load a 3d map directly as a reference, and it will automatically generate the necessary 2-d projections. Note that this should not be used for the neural network picker, though.

Sent from my iPhone