volume extraction from the STA result

Meng Zhang

Feb 21, 2024, 4:54:53 PMFeb 21
to em...@googlegroups.com
Dear eman2 developer

Can I have some guidance or detailed command examples for preparing training pair-3D volume after the e2tomo STA? I believe some eman2 commands can simply help to complete the task. specifically, I want to :

1. extract the highest score of 500 subvolumes from the particles3d folder based on my STA alignment result in spt_00/aliptcls3d_xx.lst (I used the e2spt_refine_new protocol), and converted them into individual mrc files.

2.  generate 500 ground truth volume mrc files by applying the corresponding trans-rot matrix in spt_00/aliptcls3d_xx.lst to the three_xx.hdf

Thanks in advance

Meng

Ludtke, Steven J.

Feb 21, 2024, 11:39:37 PMFeb 21
to em...@googlegroups.com
On Feb 21, 2024, at 3:54 PM, Meng Zhang <zhangme...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear eman2 developer

Can I have some guidance or detailed command examples for preparing training pair-3D volume after the e2tomo STA? I believe some eman2 commands can simply help to complete the task. specifically, I want to :

1. extract the highest score of 500 subvolumes from the particles3d folder based on my STA alignment result in spt_00/aliptcls3d_xx.lst (I used the e2spt_refine_new protocol), and converted them into individual mrc files.
You'd need to write a python program yourself to do this. We don't have any tools for selectively extracting particles based on their alignment results. For example (untested, but should be roughly right):

from EMAN2 import *

lsx=LSXFile("spt10/aliptcls3d_03.lst")
scr=[[lsx[i][2]["score"],i] for i in range(len(lsx))]
i=0
for s,n in sorted(scr)[:500]:
im=EMData("spt10/aliptcls3d_03.lst",n)
im.write_image(f"mrc_{i:03d}.mrc",0)
i+=1

2.  generate 500 ground truth volume mrc files by applying the corresponding trans-rot matrix in spt_00/aliptcls3d_xx.lst to the three_xx.hdf

from EMAN2 import *

lsx=LSXFile("spt10/aliptcls3d_03.lst")
scr=[[lsx[i][2]["score"],i] for i in range(len(lsx))]
i=0
for s,n in sorted(scr)[:500]:
im=EMData("spt10/aliptcls3d_03.lst",n)
im.process_inplace("xform",{"transform":im["xform.align3d"]})
im.write_image(f"mrc_{i:03d}.mrc",0)
i+=1

I'm not sure I'd call this "ground truth", though...

Thanks in advance

Meng

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMAN2" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/eman2/CAPmS4-rtVJ7n2-n_eQtTOyZS8soaa1Yqm4xO_ViFSuJ3hcOCbw%40mail.gmail.com.

---
Steven Ludtke, Ph.D. <slu...@bcm.edu>                      Baylor College of Medicine
Charles C. Bell Jr., Professor of Structural Biology        Dept. of Biochemistry
Deputy Director, Advanced Technology Cores                  and Molecular Pharmacology
Academic Director, CryoEM Core
Co-Director CIBR Center

Meng Zhang

Feb 22, 2024, 4:29:34 PMFeb 22
to em...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Steven. Unfortunately, there is no e2proc3d.py function to complete these tasks, however, these commands are very helpful.

Regards;

Meng

Ludtke, Steven J.

Feb 22, 2024, 5:12:01 PMFeb 22
to em...@googlegroups.com
Hi Meng,
that just isn't an operation most users would ever need to do...

---