export aligned tilts as movie

Meng Zhang

Mar 26, 2024, 2:08:27 PMMar 26
to em...@googlegroups.com
Dear EMAN2 developer

I have difficulty finding the command to export the aligned tilt series to make a movie. It seems the e2tomo_eval.py command only allows me to view the series.

Thanks in advance

Meng

Ludtke, Steven J.

Mar 26, 2024, 3:37:19 PMMar 26
to em...@googlegroups.com
You mean a movie you could include in a powerpoint presentation or something?  There are several ways you could do that, but typically I would use e2display.py, and display the tilt stack with "Show 2D". Open the control panel with the middle mouse button, and use the "Movie" button on the "Save" tab. If you don't want the full dimensions of the tilt series, you might use e2proc2d.py to rescale and/or clip the tilt series first...

Alternatively, you could use e2proc2d.py to convert the stack to a sequence of images in PNG or PGM, you could then compile into a movie manually.

---
Steven Ludtke, Ph.D. <slu...@bcm.edu>                      Baylor College of Medicine
Charles C. Bell Jr., Professor of Structural Biology        Dept. of Biochemistry
Deputy Director, Advanced Technology Cores                  and Molecular Pharmacology
Academic Director, CryoEM Core
Co-Director CIBR Center

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMAN2" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/eman2/CAPmS4-o21H%2BjDhphrk3Ne5r%3DZnAmH9vh4YY8R%2Bk0-SEE1k%2Bt7A%40mail.gmail.com.

Meng Zhang

Mar 26, 2024, 4:06:19 PMMar 26
to em...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Steven, that's exactly what I was looking for. The middle mouse button also works in the e2tomo_eval.py interface.

Meng