Merging datasets

ashuthe...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2017, 12:15:53 AM9/20/17
to EMAN2

Dear all,

I have two datasets of single particle cryo em. One, I was already refining and for the other I have picked particles. Both the datasets were collected on the same microscope with identical parameters. What would be the best way to merge these two datasets? Would making symbolic links to all the contents of info/ and particles/ folders to new info/ and particles/ folders and then building sets work?

Thanks a lot !
Ashu

Steve Ludtke

Sep 20, 2017, 7:52:36 PM9/20/17
to em...@googlegroups.com
Symbolic links to all of the particle files should be ok, but if you make symbolic links (rather than copies) of the info/*json files, then the original files may get modified by new parameters. If you don't mind this, then I can't think of any obvious problems (but I've never actually tried it). Otherwise, the info/* files aren't really very large. Copying the info files from both projects into a new folder wouldn't really take that much disk space...

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMAN2" group.

Ashu Sharma

Sep 24, 2017, 10:12:39 AM9/24/17
to em...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Steve !

particles files are important as they take a bit of space.

On Sep 19, 2017, at 11:15 PM, ashuthe...@gmail.com wrote:

Dear all,

I have two datasets of single particle cryo em. One, I was already refining and for the other I have picked particles. Both the datasets were collected on the same microscope with identical parameters. What would be the best way to merge these two datasets? Would making symbolic links to all the contents of info/ and particles/ folders to new info/ and particles/ folders and then building sets work?

Thanks a lot !
Ashu

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMAN2" group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "EMAN2" group.

Sơn Vũ Duy Thái

Mar 22, 2024, 10:59:57 AMMar 22
to EMAN2
Dear all
I'm facing a similar issue. I have 2 identical datasets with the same samples and parameters. They were collected on different days and stored in separate directories where I ran Relion 4.0 individually from MotionCor, CTF find to Extract particles (pixel size and box size are the same). I aim to combine the particles.star files from Extract in different directories to increase the particle number. However, I'm finding it challenging to manage this task. What potential solutions could address this case? Thank alls!

Vào lúc 23:12:39 UTC+9 ngày Chủ Nhật, 24 tháng 9, 2017, Ashu Sharma đã viết:

[...]

Steve Ludtke

Mar 22, 2024, 11:04:33 AMMar 22
to em...@googlegroups.com
This is an EMAN2 mailing list, not Relion…. While EMAN2 has some utility functions which could be useful for this task with some approaches, for example, e2proc2d could be used to merge the .mrcs stack files if you wanted to, there isn’t strictly a need to do this. As long as the .mrcs files and the .star files have the correct relative paths, merging two star files together shouldn’t be a problem.